Chapter 67 :: Dawn

She knew she'd have to see her sensei, her teammate eventually, but at the moment there was only one main concern in her mind. As soon as her foot reached the path where the village gates lie, when the rooftops could be seen just beyond the trees, she ran. Faster than she'd ever run before, she ran, her friend following from behind. She doesn't stop to rest until she's entered the hospital room, gasping and panting for air where a pinkett and an unconscious boy lay, and then she finally allows herself to fall to her feet.

"Aya!" Sakura exclaimed, surprise evident in her features. When was the last time she'd even seen the girl, much less have a straight conversation with her? "Are you alright?! You look like you've run for miles."

And Aya smirked as she regained her energy, standing only to join the bed-side where the bane of existence was, making herself comfortable at the foot of his bed.

"You have no idea," she crowed. And then― "We've found someone who can help Sasuke!"

The older girl's brows furrowed in a frown, her lips parting to question her sudden exclamation, but was cut off by a beautiful blonde entering the room, a smile on her lips. She couldn't help but blush slightly, having never seen anyone this beautiful in her life, and she looked at the other girl questionably.

"You're always so noisy," Tsunade scolded, even as Sakura greeted her with politeness and Naruto barging in as well. "You're lucky I like you or else that big mouth of yours would've been shut long ago." Then― "Ah, this is the one Itama's been brooding about."

She cocked a brow as she began the healing process, eying the boy with wonder.

"What do you mean, 'brooding'?"

"Hm?" The blonde hummed when the Uchiha's eyes fluttered open, and he was finally awake. "Oh, nothing. Just a few rumors, that's all. I didn't think it was true, but now that I'm here―" She grinned, her amber eyes darting back and forth between the children in the room. "―I have to admit, perhaps my boy should be worried. You can never make up your mind about anything, can you?" To Sakura, she says, "I've heard a lot about you from Aya. Prettiest girl alive, she says."