Chapter 76 :: As A Token Of Friendship

To my bestest best best friend in the whole wide diddly-darn world!

If you're reading this, then I guess we've already parted ways. I can't believe you started off on your training adventure before I could even begin mine's!! Do you wanna switch teachers? I know Pervy Sage would LOVE

Oops, got cut off. While I'm writing this you just barged into my house and flopped on my bed. Good grief, you really can't make up your mind, can you? You're as indescive as ever. But hey, two teachers are better than one, right? I just hope you don't lose your mind with all this additional training. You've always been the dumbest of the two of us, hehe.

So um, I'm not good with these to be honest. This is the first time I've written a letter, and I wanna make this special because it's going to you, my best friend. I started writing because I heard everyone else was gonna do it too, as a parting gift for you.

So this is my parting gift to you, Aya Inoue, my best friend. I love you as my other half, and I can't imagine a world where I'm never your friend. It seems so wrong to think we're being separated; I always used to think that we'd be on the same team and everything, but hey, we hoped, am I right? Please take care of yourself while you're out there, and if anyone makes you cry, just let me know! I'll teleport all the way over to where ya at and kick some ass, because ain't nobody gonna make my best friend cry but me!!

Uh, yeah, sappy stuff ain't my thing, but I'm trying so don't laugh. I'm wishing you luck on your travels Aya. I'm worried that you'll get injured, that you might replace me, but perhaps I'm wrong. We'll always be friends forever, right? And well, I know you'll be just as worried of me as I am of you. You're really sweet, I hope you know that. You're fun and you're kind and you're pretty too. I don't get why you always think you're not, even Sakura agrees you're above average. Have some confidence in yourself!

When these three years have passed, let's meet up again, by the light of the full sun! I'd say moon but you love your sleep and I know you'll skin me if I even think about touching you in the night ,_,. I wanna hear everything, and in return, I'll tell you everything too!!

Sometimes, I think that you're my better half. You've always been smarter than me, and you've always had the potential of befriending other people, and yet you stuck with me, the village's loser. You're the one that's always getting us out of the trouble I put us in, and you're always supporting me in your own weird way. It's nice thinking about it. You wanna know something? When Kakashi-sensei was making us do introductions, I may or may not have accidentally let it slip about how much I cared about you. Now everyone has known about our super awesome friendship. They're so jealous, I know, I know.

I'm scared about what the future may hold, but I got my hopes up.

Uhh, I don't know what else to write, so Imma just leave this in your stuff. I'll talk more with you when we see each other at the village gates tomorrow morning.

Oh, before I leave though: happy birthday!! I know it's only a few months away but I also know we won't be seeing each other for the next three years, so consider this my early birthday gift ;) I can't believe you'll be turning 12! It's been one hella weird year.

I love you buddy. You're my other half, my twin, my comrade in arms. Our bond is like no other, and I promise you that not even the Buddha himself can try to break us!!!

Love always, from your best friend,

Naruto Uzumaki.

P.S: I swear if you don't get as strong as me I'll steal your stash :)

◈ ◈ ◈

15/10/2022