Chapter 44 :: Ready Or Not! The Zero Hour!

Dozens of Aya clones surrounded Kanao, all plastered with her signature grin on their faces. They rushed forward to attack, each throwing punches and fists that the Tsuyuri was able to evade with ease. She flipped over one and shoved them into another, watching as they went up into a poof of smoke when they collided. She landed on another's head and brought her sword down. It disappeared as well.

The real Aya swooped in from behind. She threw a punch, a fist-sized fireball brushing past the tip of her opponent's ear. Only her hair was singed, but she could care less as she spun forward and rushed forward, using her hilt to slap the girl upside the head. She stumbled into another one of her clones that caught her and together they encircled the Tsuyuri once more.

Kanao huffed. Her figure disappeared into millions of pink and purple butterflies. They surrounded the girl and her clone, hiding them from the crowd's sight. Plumes of strange, lavender smoke were emitting from the butterflies wings, and Aya instinctively blocked her nose and mouth to avoid inhaling the smoke. The same couldn't be said of her clone however, and she watched as purple veins appeared along its body before it collapsed, the jutsu being released.

Aya inhaled what little fresh air she had and slapped her hands together. With her remaining chakra, she extended her hands once more and kicked her feet out into wide circular motions. A rush of fire followed, engulfing the butterflies and the smoke before she stumbled back into the open once again. The smell of burning hair and an annoyed Kanao took form, an angered expression obvious in the girl's features. The left half of her face had still yet to be formed, a few butterflies hovering weakly in its place.

Oops, guess I went a little overboard with my fire dance.

"I've had it with you," the girl seethed. A strand of her dark hair was smoking. She spun her sword and glared daggers at the smaller girl. "I'm going to kill you, right here and now!"

The Inoue gulped nervously. While she knew she might have the upperhand, she had a few female friends who were excellent shinobis as well. She knew from firsthand experience how scary an angry girl could get (from her time spent with Sakura.).