Chapter 76

Another week had passed. Jisoo and Taehyung would occasionally visit Lisa in the hospital.

The Kim family had originally visited the hospital every day, but Lisa showed no signs of waking up. Gradually, they began to give up.

After hiring a special nurse for Lisa, the Kim family would occasionally visit the hospital and leave. For Lisa, this was not a big deal. After all, she did not have much expectations for the Kim family.

Occasionally, Mother Kim would say a few words filled with emotion in her ear, which made Lisa feel a little uncomfortable.

Lisa stayed in the hospital for almost a month under such condition.

Occasionally, she would contact the system, but the system's signal did not seem to be very good. It would disappear after a few words.

Lisa had also given up. She lay on the bed and continued to be living dead.

Just when Lisa thought that her life might just go on in this manner, a person's appearance changed everything.

On this day, Jisoo brought some food over for Lisa after school as usual. Although Lisa could not eat on her own, she could still feed her some porridge.

Dara was worried that Lisa did not have enough nutrients in the hospital, so she thought of ways to prepare nutritious porridge for her every day.

The nurse saw that Jisoo had arrived, greeted her, and walked out of the ward. Jisoo held an orange in her hand. As she was peeling it, she told Lisa about the new things in school.

"Did you know that Jungkook is back?" Jisoo said as she carefully peeled off the orange peel.

"He suddenly showed up at the coffee shop yesterday and gave my sister and I a shock," Jisoo could not help but complain.

"He said he was looking for you," Jisoo continued, without stopping peeling.

"We told him that you were in the hospital, but he left without asking." Jisoo pulled off the thin layer of skin on the orange and gently placed it beside Lisa's mouth.

"If you ask me, men are mostly heartless! Jungkook is no exception!" Jisoo said unhappily.

She used a little more force and gently squeezed the orange juice into Lisa's mouth.

"I thought that Jungkook treated you differently." Jisoo picked up a tissue and gently wiped Lisa's mouth.

"Who knew that he would just leave in that manner!" Jisoo scoffed. She could hear her dissatisfaction.

"Don't date him anymore in the future!" Jisoo warned her carefully. "This kind of person is not worth it!"

Jisoo spoke with gusto. She did not care if Lisa could really hear her. She kept talking to herself and she had fed half of the orange juice to Lisa.

After washing her hands in the washroom next door, Jisoo walked out again. She then saw that there was an additional person in the ward.

"Eh? Why are you here?" Jisoo raised her voice and looked at the person who had suddenly appeared in front of her.

Jungkook glanced at Jisoo. "I'm here to see Lisa."

Jisoo pouted. "Tsk! You didn't even bother to ask! Could it be that you heard my complaints?"

Jungkook ignored Jisoo's words and walked straight to Lisa's bedside. Lisa's expression looked very strange. It was an abnormal red color.

Jungkook wanted to reach out and touch it. He hesitated for a moment and looked at Jisoo. "How did she become like this?"

Jisoo went over to take a look, "I don't know!"

"The day she was admitted to the hospital, her face was deathly pale." Jisoo told Jungkook about the situation that day.

"In the end, after the equipment broke down, her face became like this!" Jisoo summarized the situation over the past month.

Jungkook listened to Jisoo's words and frowned slightly. Lisa was also listening to Jisoo quietly.

Although she had heard it many times over this period of time, she still could not understand why.

Lisa did not know what had happened to her face, but she could feel that her face was always hot and swollen.

This feeling was very strange, as if all the cells in her body were concentrated on her face.

Jungkook looked at Lisa. After a long while, he finally reached out his hand. He raised his hand and gently touched Lisa's forehead.

Lisa only felt a chill coming over her, dissipating the heat on her face.

In the next moment, Lisa felt a steady stream of luck value flowing into her body.

The feeling came from above her head. It was as if she had been enlightened, and it instantly woke her up. Lisa felt that her body was gradually recovering its strength.

Jisoo looked at Jungkook's actions. Although he did not say anything on the surface, the corners of his mouth curled up.

She had long felt that Jungkook's attitude toward Lisa was not quite right. Now, it seemed that it was indeed...