Chapter 169

Minyhuk nodded at Dara and took the initiative to lead the way for the two of them.

Over the years, Minyhuk had suspected that there was someone in the coffee shop that Min-ho liked.

However, every time he went to the coffee shop and mentioned Min-ho to Dara, Dara always seemed to be talking about a stranger.

Due to this, Minyhuk did not realize that Dara might be that person.

Minyhuk secretly cursed himself for being stupid and brought the two of them to the ward.

Lisa stood outside the door and did not walk in.

Minyhuk had wanted to push the door open and enter, but was pulled back by Lisa.

Minyhuk turned and glared at Lisa, only to see Lisa shake her head at him.

Dara gently pushed the door open and walked into the ward.

In the ward, Min-ho was holding a book and carefully reading it.

He noticed the sound of opening the door but ignored it.

To take care of him, his family hired two nurses.

Every day at this time, the nurses would come over and change some toiletries for him.

Min-ho continued with his reading, lowering his head.

Dara took a step forward and stood in the distance, quietly looking at Min-ho.

Seeing that there was no movement after the other party entered, Min-ho looked up. Then, his eyes froze.

He looked at the face that he missed day and night. But at this moment, he did not know what to say.

Looking at Min-ho's stunning look and the injuries all over his body, Dara felt a little heartache and helplessness.

Under Min-ho's gaze, she took a few steps in the direction of the hospital bed.

When she was one meter away from the hospital bed, Dara stopped.

The two of them remained silent for a long time as they looked at each other.

Suddenly, a series of violent coughs from Min-ho broke the silence in the ward.

Dara was shocked. She quickly rushed forward and patted Min-ho's back to help him breathe.

Min-ho gradually recovered from the cough. He raised his head and smiled apologetically at Dara. "I hurt my lungs. I made you worry."

Dara quickly let go of her hand and stepped back.

Min-ho's hand, which was originally supporting Dara, was now suspended in mid-air.

He withdrew his hand somewhat helplessly and leaned against the hospital bed dejectedly.

"Please sit down," Min-ho said as he raised his hand and pointed at a chair not far away.

Dara looked at the chair and hesitated for a moment before walking over.

Dara sat down on the chair and carefully sized up Min-ho. After a long while, she said, "Are you okay?"

Min-ho nodded slightly. "I'm fine. What about you?"

Dara opened her mouth, but she hesitated.

After a long while, Dara asked, "Why did you come back?"

With just one sentence, the atmosphere between the two of them returned to the freezing point.

After a long while, Min-ho said, "I want to try again."

Dara looked up at Min-ho with doubt in her eyes.

Min-ho raised his head slightly and looked at the ceiling. "I want to give myself another chance."

"In the past, I was too weak. I didn't dare to face many things," Min-ho said softly as he looked at Dara.

"This time, I hope that I can use my efforts to take back everything that belongs to me," Min-ho said as he stared at Dara.

Dara looked at Min-ho quietly as if she was not moved by his words.

Min-ho was not in a hurry. He only waited quietly for Dara's reaction.

After a moment, Dara said, "Perhaps, everything has passed."

When Min-ho heard this, a trace of panic flashed in his eyes. "You... What do you mean?"

The corners of Dara's mouth twitched slightly. "Some things are already in the past. It's too late to say anything now."

"It's getting late. I'm leaving now." Dara stood up and was about to leave.

"Dara!" Min-ho was behind Dara and shouted anxiously, "Can you give me another chance?"

Dara turned around and looked at Min-ho. "Take good care of yourself."

After Dara finished speaking, she ignored Min-ho's shouts and opened the ward door, and walked out.

The two eavesdroppers outside the ward were startled the moment they opened the door. They looked as if they had been caught at a crime scene.

Dara ignored the two of them and walked straight ahead.