Chapter 154

"You seem to like this puppy very much?" Jungkook asked as he looked at Lisa who was looking at the puppy lovingly.

Lisa turned to look at Jungkook and said, "Don't you think it looks a lot like me?"

Jungkook frowned slightly. "Were you often bullied when you were young?"

Lisa shrugged and said indifferently, "A child without parents growing up in the village, just imagine..."

"I remember when I was young, and when someone bullied me, I would hide and cry." Lisa sat cross-legged on the ground and stroked the puppy's back with one hand as she said softly.

"At that time, no one would coax me or sympathize with me." Lisa sighed slightly.

"I didn't dare to go back and let Grandma know." Lisa said with a bitter smile.

"Although I knew she would definitely avenge me, she was so old then," Lisa said with a smile on her face, which made Jungkook's heart aching.

"I remember once I was chased by a big fierce wolfdog." Lisa said with a strange expression on her face.

"Were you bitten?" Jungkook immediately asked with concern.

Lisa shook her head. "No, I didn't. I just accidentally fell."

"The big dog pounced on me and licked me..." Lisa said. When she recalled that scene, she couldn't help but laugh.

"But I was really scared to death at that time!" Lisa said and opened her arms. "The dog was this big! It was the size of two of me!"

Jungkook nodded in understanding.

Lisa suddenly remembered something. "I remember that an auntie ran over and chased the big dog away. She then took me to the hospital."

"That auntie even let me stay in the hospital for two days." Lisa said as if some things were already blurred.

"That auntie must have liked you, to save you from such a fierce dog's mouth!" Jungkook looked at Lisa who was trying to think hard.

Lisa shook her head as if she found it strange. "I had never seen that auntie in the village, and I don't think I've seen her since then..."

The more Lisa thought about it, the stranger she felt. "According to the villagers, no one knew who had sent me to the hospital."

"It was only after the hospital called the village committee that Uncle Cha's family came to fetch me." Lisa furrowed her brows.

"She brought me to the county hospital and then let me wait for someone to pick me up." The more Lisa thought about it, the stranger it became.

"Who is this auntie?" Lisa scratched her hair in confusion.

Jungkook grabbed Lisa's hand and said, "Don't think so much. Maybe she was just a kind auntie passing by."

Lisa immediately denied Jungkook's statement. "That's not right! There must be something wrong with that auntie!"

"Why?" Jungkook looked at Lisa strangely.

"I never thought about it before," Lisa said as she recalled, "Not long after that auntie appeared, strangers appeared around me from time to time."

"Until one day, the Kim family suddenly appeared and brought me back to the Kim family," Lisa said as she recalled.

"I think at that time, the Kim family already discovered that Jennie was not their child," Lisa said softly.

"But they were not sure that a wild child like me, who grew up in the countryside, is worthy of the Kim family's prestige," Lisa said with a cold smile on her face.

Jungkook's heart ached as he gently put his arm around Lisa's shoulder.

Lisa did not resist. She just rested her head on Jungkook's shoulder.

"I think, at that time, the Kim family must have sent a lot of people to observe me," Lisa said and laughed suddenly. "They must have been angered to death."

"They didn't expect the Kim family to have such a daughter!" Lisa laughed and said, "They were afraid they had embarrassed the ancestors of the Kim family!"

Jungkook patted Lisa's shoulder and comforted her.