Chapter 91

Jungkook listened to their conversation by the side, then looked at Lisa and Jennie's expressions. At this moment, it was inconvenient for him to speak. Thus he could only watch them continue to argue.

Lisa remained silent, her gaze darting back and forth between Mother Kim and Jennie.

Jennie, on the other hand, kept her head low. She looked a little timid, as if she had been greatly frightened. Occasionally, she would glance at Lisa and Jungkook with a hint of scheming.

Hearing Mother Kim's words, Lisa felt sad and helpless. She had thought that Mother Kim had finally treated her as a daughter and was finally willing to share a part of her love with her.

At least, during the time she was in the hospital, Lisa had seen a little bit of Mother Kim's love. Unexpectedly, when Jennie walked in between them, everything went back to square one again.

Lisa felt a little sad for herself. She knew that she might never be as good as Jennie in this lifetime. As long as Jennie was still around, she would never be able to have Mother Kim's love!

During the confrontation between Jisoo and Mother Kim, Lisa seemed to have thought things through.

She looked at Mother Kim and said slowly, "I will try to communicate with the Lee family. I can't guarantee that it will succeed."

"The Lee family said that as long as the engagement continues, they can help!" Mother Kim said anxiously.

The corner of Lisa's mouth twitched. They had actually already contacted the Lee family. They were just waiting for her to jump in!

Lisa nodded and said, "Then you guys can go back first! I'm tired!"

Lisa did not hesitate to send them away. She did not want to see Mother Kim and Jennie anymore.

Mother Kim saw Lisa's attitude and immediately panicked. "Lili, I..."

Lisa did not want to listen anymore. She turned around and lay down.

Jisoo stood in front of Mother Kim again. "Auntie! Please go back! Lili is a patient and she needs to rest!"

Mother Kim could only sigh and turn around to leave.

Jennie came forward and supported Mother Kim. Her gaze swept past Jisoo and landed on Lisa. Then, she turned away.

After Mother Kim and Jennie left, Jisoo angrily sat by the bed. "How can there be such a shameless woman!"

"What's going on?" Jungkook finally asked.

Lisa slowly sat up, her eyes filled with disappointment.

Jisoo looked at Lisa's expression and felt her heart ache. "The moment they came, they said that Jennie no longer could get engaged to that Cha Soo-hyun!"

"They said that the responsibility of saving the Kim family now falls on Lisa." Jisoo became angrier as she spoke.

"Why? What did the Kim family give to Lisa? And now they want Lisa to sacrifice herself for the Kim family?" Jisoo was full of anger and her tone was very angry.

Hearing Jisoo's words, the corner of Lisa's mouth curled up. She raised her hand and gently held Jisoo's hand. She knew that Jisoo was really standing up for her!

Lisa held Jisoo's hand and finally felt a trace of warmth.

"It's nothing. They just wanted me to sort things out with the Lee family," Lisa said indifferently.

The engagement between Jennie and Cha Soo-hyun itself was already ridiculous enough. Now that Jennie wanted to break off the engagement, Lisa could also understand.

However, she was not too sure if Jennie's injuries were really caused by Uncle Cha?

Although Uncle Cha was a little vicious, he was only scheming. Would he really hit a woman?

Although Lisa could not figure it out, there was no need to think about it in depth. Since Mother Kim brought Jennie over, it must have been Father Kim's idea.

Otherwise, in the eyes of Father Kim who mainly cared about the interests of the Shen family, no matter how, Jennie's engagement would not be abandoned!

Jungkook stared at Lisa. "How are you going to talk to Minyhuk?"

Lisa thought for a moment. "Minyhuk should also want to get rid of this marriage. I'll have a good talk with him."

Jungkook frowned. He had a feeling that Lisa had misjudged Minyhuk. Based on Jungkook's observation of Minyhuk, he had no intention of letting go!

Jisoo looked at Lisa and frowned. "Are you sure Minyhuk will talk to you nicely?"

"Every time he talks to you, he huffs and puffs!" Jisoo wrinkled his nose, looking very cute.

Lisa reached out and scratched Jisoo's nose. "He huffs and puffs with everyone!"

"Besides! I have good conditions for him. I'm not afraid that he won't agree!" Lisa said meaningfully.

"Good terms? What good conditions? Tell me!" Jisoo asked curiously.

"It's the whereabouts of a person he cares about!" Lisa grinned and showed a victorious smile.

She was sure that that person was much more important than her in Minyhuk's heart! As long as she used this news to exchange with him, Minyhuk would definitely agree to break off the engagement!