CHAPTER 1 - THE BEGINNING

March 05, 2022

Saturday 6:00 AM

Senior Police Officer II Timotheus Alfarez was nearly asleep while waiting for the end of his duty, but the station's six o'clock alarm rang out in the whole department, and he almost fell from his swivel chair because of shock.

He shook his head, stood up, got his car key, and went out of his office. Bid his goodbye to his co-police before he left the station.

He drives silently while feeling the morning breeze coming from his open window. Sun rays filled the almost cloudless blue sky. The sun was hiding behind the tall mountains of San Lorenzo but at any minute, it would show up high above it.

The car's tank was approximately empty so he went to the nearby gasoline station and refilled it. The empty and quiet road of San Lorenzo was slowly replaced by the noise of engines coming from different transportations.

Start of a new day for public laborers, factory workers, and for the people who'll do stuff that matters.

It took him thirty minutes before he arrived at their home near San Lorenzo's seashore. The sea was calm and the sea breeze was gentle. His neighbors greeted him on a pleasant morning.

While parking his car in their garage, the aroma of black coffee and the sound of the radio filled the air.

He entered the backdoor where the kitchen is located, and he found his seventeen-year-old son, Trestan Joern Alfarez, busy preparing breakfast.

"Morning dad." Trestan didn't give him a gaze but he knew that it was his father who entered the backdoor. Timotheus got a mug and filled it with hot coffee from the coffee maker, and sat on a stool in their mini-bar.

While sipping in his mug, Timotheus picks up the daily newspaper delivered every morning in front of their house. His eyebrows form into one line when he reads the front page.

['Two Police Officers captured the 3rd and 5th most wanted drug lord in San Lorenzo']

Timotheus must be happy 'coz he's one of those police officers and his photo was printed on the newspaper but beside it was the photo of his competitor, Senior Police Officer II Simeon Ferran, in their department.

His blood boils and throws the newspaper somewhere and his hand forms into a fist. Unconditionally, he drinks the smoky coffee and too late to realize that it's very hot.

"What the!? Oh... Sh*t!"

Trestan looked at him and laughed because of his hilarious facial expression. He finished arranging the plates and utensils and started putting the omelet, pancakes, and chocolate syrup in the center of the round dining table. He's about to go upstairs to wake her seven-year-old little sister, Cally Zeah Alfarez when small steps give him a sign that his sister is going downstairs.