CHAPTER 110 - THE HOPE

"...Kuya." Julsen slowly closed his eyes before his ghost left him.

"J-Julsen... Hey, man. Wake up. Julsen!"

The night became silent after that bloody encounter. A lot of bodies were lying on the ground... lifeless.

Timotheus carefully let him go and looked at the blood in his hand. She clenched his fist and rushed to Danryll to give him a hard blow. Danryll didn't bother to dodge his attack and just let him.

"How could you?!"

"Sir, stop it!" Xol went in between to stop Timotheus while Ferran, on the other hand, just watched them because the unusual feeling of pain was forming inside him again.

"I will never regret it!"

"How will you prove that he really killed the doctor? Huh? You don't have—"

"Of course... I have." Danryll threw him his phone that was immediately caught by Timotheus. He watched the entire video and Julsen really killed Dr. De Vega inside the laboratory. He unconsciously dropped the phone astounded.

"Y-You think you all s-succeed? Even if you revealed them to the whole world... Dad... Dad w-would still choose to destroy e-everything and no one could s-stop him."

Julsen's statement before he died echoed in his head.

"You know what he said?" Timotheus looked at the ground while trembling and clenching his fist.

"I'm not interested—" Danryll was cut off.

"The game wasn't done yet."

"W-What?" Ferran creased his forehead.

"He said, Dad would still choose to destroy everything and no one could stop him."

"Don't you remember? He doesn't have a dad so how come—Where are you going?" Ferran asked.

"I will face him."

"What? Did you even know who his dad was?"

"Of course... because we have the same father."

+++

Little by little, the virus consumed the Chief's body. In that dark and cold cell, harsh coughs echoed. His body, because of an old age, slowly giving up due to the spreading of the deadly virus. Furthermore, he might die at any moment because of the blood gushing out of his open flesh. The bullet was deeply buried and no one's there to take it out.

"Everything is in vain..." He was lying on the floor looking at the empty ceiling thinking about the past when he's not alone yet.

***

"Dad!"

"Daddy!"

Mauricio Brion just got home from a year's duty overseas. His two lovely daughters welcomed him with a warm and big hug.

"Welcome home, dad." Patricia, his eldest, uttered and kissed his cheek.

"We missed you so much." Leticia, his youngest, also kissed him on the cheek.

"I missed you too, my little ones."

One day, Leticia fell really sick and no one could determine what illness she caught. Mauricio couldn't help but to cry, watching his daughter suffer.

"Please Kuya! S-Save my daughter! Please! I beg you!" He was kneeling in front of Carpio and Carlos who both graduated as doctors.

"Mauricio! Stand up!" Carlos tried making him stand but he was still begging on knees.