CHAPTER 100 - THE HONOR

An hour before the incident...

"Good job, Julsen. We can handle this. You can leave now." The Boss tapped his shoulder after they arrived at the abandoned house.

"Yes, sir."

"Let's go, men."

They went up to find the bamboo house.

"The surroundings were clear, Boss. It's positive, there was a bamboo house near the area."

The man knocked on the bamboo door. Tata Carpio opened the door and a dagger hit the man on his forehead. The other men pointed their guns at Tata Carpio and the other men went inside using the backdoor. They pointed a gun on Henry's head who threw the dagger on one of the Boss' pawns.

The two, Henry and Tata Carpio, raised their hands to surrender. They don't have any strength to fight these men surrounding them.

"It's been a while... Kuya." The Boss smirked at Tata Carpio who was confused but made an expressionless face after he recognized his youngest sibling.

"I searched for you everywhere and I couldn't find you." The Boss smirked and pointed his gun on his brother's forehead. "After all those years, you're just hiding here."

"You..." Tata Carpio clenched his fist. "Long time no see."

The words made the Boss laugh. "I thought you forgot about me, Kuya."

"How can I? Between us three, you're the most stubborn and reckless. Nothing's changed at all."

"Funny is it? This will be your death day if you disagree with what I'm aiming for."

"I never agreed with you in the first place." Tata Carpio seems to know what will happen next. "I know that death will chase me someday, and maybe... it's time."

"Not yet. Not yet." The Boss chuckled. "You're too excited to see, Kuya Carlos."

"He died?" His expressionless eyes widened.

"You didn't know. Years had passed already. He died in the explosion. Poor Kuya Carlos. If only he sided with me, that would never happen to him."

"You f*cking bast*rd!"

"Don't curse at me, you old rat!" The Boss held the collar of Tata Carpio's shirt. "I want to kill you now but I need your brain. You can make medicine---"

"I will never make one for you. That's insane. You're insane."

"Yes I am." The Boss pointed his gun on Henry. "And won't hesitate to kill your son if you don't follow my commands."

Tata Carpio looked at Henry who smiled at him weakly. He's ready to face death along with his father. He'll never leave him in this battle.

"What a pity?" He shot Henry on his thigh.

"Ah!" He fell on the ground and cried because of the wound.

"Don't hurt him! I... I will---"

"No father!" Henry tried to stand and pulled the gun from one of the men. He shot two of them and was about to kill the Boss but he received bullets from the Boss that later on, caused his death.

Tata Carpio was about to pull a knife and attack his own brother but he was shot on his forehead.

"Useless." The Boss uttered before commanding his men to burn the house.

+++

"Do you... Do you smell that?" Sanchez asked while they were on their way to the bamboo house. "As if something's burning."