CHAPTER 94 - THE CONNECTION

***

"Alfarez... Alfarez..."

Alfarez woke up in a dark place and he heard the voice he always hears every time something happened to him.

"Alfarez!"

"Am I dying?" He asked.

"Not yet but death is always chasing you..." It echoed everywhere. "Be careful whom you trust... Not everyone around you... Not everyone around you is trustworthy. others are just showing off and taking your heart out so you don't doubt them..."

"W-What? Who? May I know?" But the voice didn't respond to him.

"Be careful. The end is near. Your battle is almost approaching. Ready your heart, soul, and mind..." The voice seemed to scare him but that's the truth. "Pain will hit you... Pain... Pain..."

***

His eyes opened and he found himself lying on a hospital bed and Blair was there looking so worried to him.

"Uncle." Blair hugged him. "Uncle Rouvie said that you passed out. Are you fine?"

"Y-Yeah... How about Alfarez?" He looked at Sanchez who just entered his hospital room. "How is he?"

"He's in a good condition right now," Sanchez answered and asked a question. "What happened to you? You suddenly fainted earlier in the helicopter."

"I don't know. I just felt something painful hit all over my body. My arms seemed to break and my legs felt burned." He explained but he is totally fine right now. No injuries at all.

"That's... That is what happened to Alfarez..." Sanchez said in a low voice. It was as if he realized something. "Is it because you're connected? That's why you felt what he felt during the explosion?"

"I don't know but there was a big possibility that your assumptions were right," Ferran said. He can no longer feel the pain that he felt earlier on the battlefield.

One afternoon in the police station, Ferran was pouring the coffee from a coffee maker in his mug. He almost did not sleep because of the number of cases he was holding in November. Including the stress due to his mission which will only take place almost four months from now. He is just making a plan with Sanchez on how they can smartly defeat the enemies.

They can't just enter the laboratory. They have not yet set foot in front of the hideout, they would die immediately. For sure, the organization doubled their security due to his invasion three weeks ago.

Alfarez suddenly appeared on his side and took his mug to pour some coffee too. He just came back to work after three weeks of resting from the San Andres terrorism incident. Ferran felt awkward for no reason. He should not feel that 'coz they are both Alfarez but in different bodies and times.

"The coffee is overflowing." He heard Alfarez and that made him return to his right senses.

"Oh, sh*t." He cursed then immediately wiped the table and his mug. His heavy sigh was heard. He didn't say anything else and he was about to leave Alfarez.

"Ferran," Alfarez called him, which made him stop. "I've been thinking about this matter for three weeks now. I would not be relieved if the questions in my mind could not be answered."

"I'm not interested in what you were about to ask." He said in a serious tone then left him. He has a strong hunch that Alfarez will ask, how did he know and predict everything that happened in San Andres. Alfarez is not stupid to not notice Ferran's strange behavior that day. 

When Ferran reached his cubicle, Sanchez looked at him. "You should rest, Ferran."

"I don't have time for that." He said and sipped in his mug.