CHAPTER 50 - THE CHASE

"Kuya..."

Simon intently looked at him and pulled the trigger of his gun. Simeon held his breath for a few seconds before releasing it after he realized that it's not for him but for someone who's behind.

"Who's---"

"Let's get inside. Hurry!"  His brother pulled him inside and immediately locked the door.

"Dad, let's watch a mo---why are you holding a gun? Is that real?" Blair asked her father in shock. She neared him and was amazed by the gun.

"What's happening?" Brenda asked who just came from the kitchen. She noticed the gun her husband was holding, and her heart raced.

"They are here." Simon looked at his wife with fear in his eyes but his wife just smiled sadly at him and pulled a gun somewhere in their house. "You and Blair, go with Simeon. I will handle this alone."

"No. I will not let you. I'll stay." Brenda firmly said and pulled a gun she hid somewhere.

"Brenda..."

"We talked about this before. Blair will leave, I will stay."

Simon knew that this would be a long and dangerous night but his wife still chose to stay with him. Fearless.

"Kuya, will you please explain what's happening---"

"There's no time for an explanation. Please..." He looked at her daughter with a smile on his face but Blair could not smile.

She's not stupid and she already sense and had a strong feeling that something bad was going to happen soon.

"Please, protect our daughter."

"Mom! Dad! What is really going on?" Blair felt her tears on the side of her eyes. Her dad kissed her on the forehead and hugged her tightly then, her mother joined them and kissed her as well.

"You have to go with your uncle." Brenda's tears fell but she immediately wiped it. She doesn't want to be separated from her daughter, but she needed to in order to protect her precious life.

"Go through the backdoor," Simon said and handed Simeon the gun in his hand, and also the car key. "Use our car and stay away from here."

"Kuya! Explain!" Simeon loses his temper.

"I am a member of the BC Organization and my wife knows about it." Simeon was stunned and clenched his fist. Simon whispered something important to him and Simeon just nodded.

"So, please... Simeon. Get out of here and protect our daugh---sh*t! Promise me that you'll protect her." Simon slightly panicked and got worried because their window in the living room suddenly broke due to a gunshot from outside.

"I..." He sighed heavily and clenched his fist. "Promise."

"Go!"

Simeon didn't want to leave but they needed to even if it's against his will. He pulled Blair to the backdoor but Blair tried to pull herself from Simeon's grip to get back to her parents.

"Let me go, uncle! My parents needed help! We need to help them!" She shouted while her tears were falling to her cheeks. As time goes on, more gunshots are heard around.

"No, Blair! We need to get out! I promise to your father that I'll protect you no matter what." He did not want to forcefully pull Blair's arm but he had no choice because of her stubbornness.

When he opened the door, someone would shoot them but he preceded it and immediately went to his brother's dark gray car.

"No, uncle! I don't want to go! Mom! Dad! I don't want---" Simeon got a shot on his waist that made Blair stop, eyes widened. "U-Uncle!"

"Sh*t. G-Get in the car Blair." The young lady immediately followed after she saw his uncle bleeding, and they both left the house.

"Uncle! You're bleeding."

"Don't mind me. Wear your seatbelt."

It's just nine o'clock in the evening and lots of vehicles are still traveling on the road of San Lorenzo. "Uncle, I think more than five cars were following us." Blair looked at the back.

The back of their car was shot. They overtake the vehicles in front just to get away from those who follow them.

'F*ck! They have no consideration. What if they hit innocent people around?'

Simeon stepped on the gas and put the car on full speed then he suddenly turned to the diversion road. It is the best way to avoid other people from getting hurt. Vehicles rarely pass through at night due to lack of post lights.

"Uncle!" Blair was very shocked and her head even bumped onto the side.

"Sorry. Hold tight." Ferran looked at the rearview mirror and to the side mirror. They're still chasing them.

They received gunshots from behind but the good thing with the car is, it's bulletproof and that helped them a lot.

"Sh*t. When will they stop? If we're dead!? Bullsh*t!"

One of the cars chasing them bumped on the side and it made a great impact but Simeon managed to control their car even though his bullet wound made him weak. He accelerated the speed of the car because if he didn't do it, there's a big chance that they would be surrounded by them.

Blair wanted to cry but she stopped herself 'coz this is the path she'll choose in the future. She needs to be brave. She must help her uncle at all costs.

"Blair, will you hold the steering wheel for me?" Simeon asked. Blair immediately holds it and Simeon ready his gun, opens the window and exchanges bullets with the enemies.

+++

Simon and Brenda received minor shots but it didn't stop them until the end. Simon was sitting near the stairs while looking at his wife leaning on the foot of the sofa.

"I'm sorry..." Simon said but Brenda just smiled at him.

"I love---" Even before she finished her last words, someone at the door shot her straight to the head.

"No!" He crawled closer to his wife and sobbed.

"No, Brenda. Ah!!" He shouted because of so much anger and glared at the man in black who's standing and holding a gun.

He's wearing a mask and smiling evilly at Simon. He was about to grab the gun beside him but the man in black shot his hand that made Simon shout because of pain. The bullet pierce into his flesh.

"You are a waste. You're a big help to the organization but you chose to be a traitor. What's the code?" The man with a mask pointed his gun at him.

Simon laughed sarcastically and held his wife's hand. It is still warm but she's now lifeless.

"If I keep my m-mouth shut, you will surely k-kill me, and if I reveal it to you, you'll still kill me and my wife's death will be wasted. So why should I tell you?" He chuckled. " I'll just l-let you go crazy thinking about how you can r-recover 78% of the income of the organization you own." Simon even managed to smirk despite the grief he was feeling right now.

"You b*stard!" The man removed his mask and angrily looked at Simon who was surprised to see the face of the man they called 'Boss.'

"B-bloody hell! You're the Ch---" The man immediately shoots him at his head before he even continues what he was about to say.

"Useless." He put his gun to his side and left the house without any traces.