CHAPTER 52 - THE FUNERAL

Everyone is in black attire while attending Simon and Brenda Ferran's funeral. Sanchez is the one who took care of all of it because Simeon hadn't gained his consciousness yet.

Blair just stared at the coffins where the body of her parents was placed. Many went to the funeral. Even the Alfarez family were present there 'coz Timotheus is a friend of Simon though they are not in touch for a long time.

Trestan looked at Blair who was just staring at the pit where the coffins were slowly being put down using ropes. He can't help but feel bad for Blair's loss. It was so sudden.

While hugging the pictures, Blair threw two white roses into the pit and the people around also threw the white roses in their hands before the paid persons shoveled the soil to cover it.

When the funeral finished, Trestan doesn't know why he wanted to find Blair who just ran somewhere after the funeral.

To be honest, he's worried. He knows the feeling of losing a loved one because he had been through it before, when his mother died.

He heard someone sobbing not so far from where he was standing. When he walked toward the tree near the paved way of the memorial park, he saw her behind that tree sitting and crying.

Her arms were hugging her knees while her chin was resting on it. Blair seems to have a shortness of breath. Her asthma was attacking her again so she immediately took her inhaler and used it.

When she feels relaxed, the inhaler is still in her hand and she rests her forehead on her knees.

Blair cried again but this time, she was silently sobbing while her tears were falling to the black dress she's wearing.

"M-Mommy... D-Daddy..." She sounds like a lost kid calling for her parents.

Trestan didn't know what to do. Approach her? Comfort her? Just watch her? Or what? He sighed and made up his mind. He sat beside her and Blair looked at him with grief in her eyes.

She immediately looked away from him and turned her head on the other side. She did not want Trestan to see her looking stressed. She doesn't want him to see her at the lowest point in life where she feels that she's alone.

Her parents just died and her uncle Simeon has still not woken up for two days since the worst tragedy came in Blair's life. Blair doesn't know what to do. What if her uncle leaves too?

Trestan saw the inhaler in her hands, and furrowed his eyebrows. 'Asthma? She must be having a hard time.' He pitied her.

He found himself slightly tapping her shoulder though he doesn't know if it would be a help to relieve her pain. That's the only thing he knew somehow... maybe, a person will feel that she is not alone and has someone with her.

When he felt that she moved, he immediately removed his hand from her shoulder.

"Everything will be okay." She stopped crying and was stunned to hear the unfamiliar manly voice. She turned to Trestan again.

"Y-You talk to m-me..." She was surprised but Trestan just looked away while he felt embarrassed. His ears became red, and unconfidence filled his whole body because he chose to comfort Blair even if it's unnecessary.

First of all, they're not close to approach her. Second, they are not friends to do it, and lastly, it's not his obligation to comfort her.

On the other hand, his inner self acted voluntarily. Rather than leaving her alone, Trestan chose to give her a handkerchief to wipe her wet cheeks but Blair just looked at it so he didn't have any choice but to slightly throw it on her face.