CHAPTER 54 - THE CULPRIT

"It's the V Mall."

"How---"

"---It was the only mall that has three floors in San Lorenzo," Sanchez rationalized his thoughts.

"What is the motive? Why did a bomb explode there?" Ferran said while trying to analyze everything in his head. That big question made them silent.

+++

"Boss---"

"Don't talk. I need time to think." He clenched his fist and stuck his office table with his hand.

"That Vergara is very audacious to compete with us. He doesn't know what I can do to bring him down in a blink of an eye." He laughed evilly. "Send our three men to his mall and put a bomb on a crowded day. Maybe, during their sale. Let's see if he can handle those who'll get affected."

"Noted, boss." His secretary left him in his office alone to do what he ordered.

"No one can get in my way. I will be the most powerful person in the world."

He contacted his accountant and trusted men to hear an update about the 78% of the organization's income but no progress because of the code they can't decrypt.

He almost threw the telephone he was holding because of irritation. "Useless!"

'That Simon Ferran. Tsk. Traitor!'

+++

It's the Christmas season and lots of people were at the mall because it was a sale. Ferran and Sanchez were there too to searched for the bomb that will cause a tragedy to everyone in this mall.

"It's too crowded here. We will have a hard time to find the bomb." He heard Sanchez on the earphone in his ears.

"Yeah---" He was interrupted because someone bumped into him.

"Sorry." The man wearing a civilian and a mask said then he passed on him.

Ferran felt something strange toward the man so he looked at him while the suspicious guy was adjusting his jacket. When the jacket slightly went upward, he saw a gun inserted in his pants at the back.

"Sh*t. I bumped into the culprit." Ferran informed Sanchez while he was chasing the man and when he reached him, he tightly held it on his shoulder but the man immediately removed his hand and ran.

The man does not care if he pushes those who block his way. Lot of shoppers watch the guy running away from Ferran.

"Excuse me! Excuse me!" Ferran shouted and ran too but he made sure that no one would be hurt as he passed on the people on his way.

"He runs toward a restaurant, right part. Faster! He will probably exit the mall!" He heard Sanchez guiding his way. He was on the second floor of the mall and he saw Ferran chasing a man.

When the culprit entered the restaurant, he pulled out his gun, pointed it upward, and pulled the trigger.

"Geh out of mah way! Or I'll shoot you!" He shouted and the customers and waiters immediately followed. The man runs toward the kitchen where there is a door that he can escape.

But Ferran was fast to reach him and pushed the man toward the wall in the kitchen. The man quickly recovered and punched Ferran on his cheek.

The man with a mask pointed his gun at him but Ferran immediately hid behind a concrete wall in that kitchen even before he was hit. They exchange punches and ignore the fact that they are already messing around in the kitchen of that restaurant.

The man attempted again to shoot him but Ferran kicked off the gun in his hand. It slipped under large kitchen equipment.

The foe pulled a kitchen knife toward the knife rack and swung it to the air so that Ferran could not get close to him. Ferran pulled a knife too and they were like a knight who had a sword fight.