CHAPTER 93 - THE CAMPSITE

Early in the morning, 13th of October, the two military trucks travel to the area where the terrorist camp. The place was silent when they arrived. It was as if something was going to happen.

Ferran and Alfarez were facing each other in one of the military trucks. They didn't look at each other or even talked. Ferran guessed that Alfarez is feeling awkward because they are together on a battlefield again like before.

They made their camp and later on, they exchanged gunfires with the terrorist group. Many of their comrades are already dying but they still do not stop until they have suppressed their opponents.

They arrived at the abandoned building where the terrorist camped. Ferran  was hiding behind the huge rock. He looked around to search for someone who could help him. He saw Alfarez silently walking towards the building.

Ferran noticed someone saw Alfarez and was about to shoot him.

"Sh*t." Ferran shoots the terrorist and ran towards Alfarez direction for them to hide. "Are you going to suicide!?" He whispered but the irritation in his voice was heard.

"No. I am just sure that you'll shoot that man so I planned to just run inside because no one was guarding that place." Alfarez explained and that made Ferran stunned.

'It was my mindset. Trusting Ferran even though he is mad at me.' Ferran said in his mind.

"Okay. Let's make a deal." Ferran said while looking around but Alfarez seemed to be shocked by what Ferran was doing right now.

'He's talking to me! And a deal? This is new.' Old Alfarez said in his mind.

"You'll be the one who will be in charge with victims inside and I will be behind you to cover. Got it?" Ferran said.

"Got it." Old Alfarez agreed because he knew his capacity. Ferran will never bluff when it comes to work. He's more skilled in shooting.

"Let's go." Ferran tapped his shoulder before taking action.

Gunshots were everywhere but fortunately, they arrived safely inside the building. Alfarez immediately saw the victims in the corner. They thought there was no guard inside but the terrorist just waiting for them to enter to be trapped.

Ferran closed his eyes for a second to think of the memory of what he went through that time.

***

"Alfarez!" Beltran pushed him behind the drums inside that abandoned building. They were both hiding.

Alfarez looked around the area and saw five men on the second floor of that building and if he's not mistaken, they were ten including the five men on the ground floor. He shoots the men on the second floor but unfortunately, one of them shot Beltran on the side.

"Beltran." Alfarez's voice trembled with concern when he saw his partner shot by the terrorist.

"D-Don't mind me---sh*t! Focus on the battle." Beltran said while enduring the pain on his side. He didn't stop until he killed his targets.

***

"Ferran." Someone held his arm. It was Alfarez who was confused by his action.

"Let's hide behind those drums."

"Wh-What? There were no---" Alfarez didn't continue what he was about to say when a gunshot fired at them.

They immediately hid behind the drums. "Five terrorists are hiding near the victims. Shoot them."

"How---" Alfarez was very confused why Ferran knew that when he had never seen his opponents. 'His eyes were even closed earlier so how did he see everyone in a short time?' Old Alfarez asked in his mind and sighed heavily before shooting the five men Ferran was talking about.

Ferran didn't waste his time and he shot the five men on the second floor. He did not give them a chance to pull their triggers then he helped Alfarez shoot the other two who just entered the building.

"Let's go," Ferran said and he immediately ran towards the victims that were tied together. "Untie them and I will guard you."

Alfarez took his military knife to cut the ropes while Ferran was focused on the surroundings because the enemies may appear at any moment. He shouldn't put his guard down. There are innocent people who depend on them.

After a while, five of their comrades arrived and helped them to protect the victims until they reached their camp. Like in his memory, one of the military trucks was ruined. Everyone that was severely injured the first to be taken to the hospital and the victims will also be taken to a safe place so they are in the military truck

Ferran approached the Commander and talked to him. "It is not yet finished, Commander. Lots of terrorists were watching us around."

"Did you see them?" The Commander asked. If he says 'no,' the Commander will not believe what he was going to say.

"Yes. They will attack our camp in..." He looked at his wristwatch. "Less than twenty minutes after our truck left."

"Why are you acting weird SPO2 Ferran? We just checked the area and it was clear." The Commander did not listen to him.

He called one of his friends who owns a helicopter and thankfully, that friend of his was kind hearted so he let Ferran use his helicopter and he even offered to pilot the helicopter.

Everyone looked at him with confusion but he didn't have any choice but to do what he could to protect them. Ferran was about to enter the helicopter when Alfarez called him.

"Ferran!" He was shouting because the noise of the helicopter was too loud. "Why are you doing this?!"

"Because the Commander didn't listen to me! I have to do this for everyone's sake! I have no time left! Protect our comrades! Hide in a safe place!" He didn't listen to what Alfarez was saying and he immediately entered the helicopter. "Let's go."

Sanchez is in the helicopter too because he insisted on joining him in this battle. It's not just for Ferran. It is also for innocent people who will be affected just because of heartless terrorists.

Xol, the former personal assistant of Reevecus Asyl Leviste, is the friend he called to bring the helicopter to the battlefield. Xol is a former soldier but he chose to serve Asyl Leviste and now, he is working for Mrs. Kyla Leviste, Asyl's wife. Asyl entrusted his wife, Kyla, to him before he died.

"Let's go." Ferran signaled Xol and they went up. They immediately saw the hiding areas of the terrorists near their camp. The military truck was about to leave so Ferran and Sanchez quickly searched for the person who would make the truck explode.

"There! I saw him!" Sanchez said and he pointed his gun to the man who will shoot the military truck. He successfully shot the man and the truck safely left the place but the camp was attacked so they immediately targeted the terrorists.

"Sh*t. They will all die." Ferran said while shooting opponents below.

The exchange of bullets ended and they thought it was already finished but an explosion made them shocked. The camp exploded.

"Alfarez!" Ferran shouted and later on he felt pain all over his body even though he was not shot or anything. He fell on the helicopter's floor.

"Ferran! What's happening? Hey, Ferran! You alright? Did you hear me? Ferran! Ferran... Ferran..." Sanchez's voice sounded so weak in his hearing and his vision doubled, his breathing deepened.

After a while, everything went black.