CHAPTER 102 - THE INTRUDER

"Great job, Kiddo." Dr. De Vega tapped Trestan's shoulder after they successfully developed the cure.

"I'm just your assistant, doctor."

"Let's make this quick."

Trestan and Blair helped the doctor to put the cure in small vials where the vaccine can be safe and restored. They made a hundred cures and put the vials inside a waterproof aluminum that could protect it from breaking. Dr. De Vega sealed it.

"Done." The doctor declared.

The two, Trestan and Blair, sighed in relief and smiled at each other.

"Rest for a while, doctor." Trestan saw him tired of everything that happened. The virus just spread early in the morning. His brother just died earlier without giving him a proper funeral. He's too old to handle everything.

"Ha..." The doctor heavily sighed and his eyes became teary. "If only I knew that he's still alive. All those years..." The old doctor couldn't hold his tears anymore. His shoulder shook as he cried in his hand.

Trestan didn't know what to do, couldn't utter a word and just watched him cry, mourn. Blair slowly walked towards the doctor and hugged him. He's like a grandfather to her.

After a while, Dr. De Vega fell asleep while hugging their photograph. He really missed his brothers especially because he learned about his older brother's existence but was too late to meet him again.

"Coffee?" Blair asked Trestan who was staring at nowhere.

"I want to sleep." He was blinking slowly. Blair couldn't help but smile at him because he's adorable to look at. "Hm? Why are you smiling?"

Trestan rested his head on his arms on the table in front of them while facing the love of his life.

"Adorable?"

"What?"

"You're adorable."

"Hm... You didn't know? I'm always adorable." He was just being playful despite the exhaustion he was feeling. Talking to his love could take away all the negative vibes in him.

"Oh my... My man is so full of himself." She was lightly brushing her fingers on his hair. It made Trestan more sleepy.

"Really? So you don't find me attractive—"

"I always find you attractive." Her hand on his hair shifted to his cheek. She slightly pinched him.

Trestan lifted his head and put a little smile on his face. He stared at her for a little while as if he's memorizing her features. He stared at her eyes.

"No matter what happens..." Trestan raised his hand and caressed her cheek.

"Trestan..." Blair doesn't want the tone he was giving to her. As if something will really happen.

"Remember that this moment may become history yet the homo sapiens in front of you will stay constant even on the other side of the river."

There's a moment of silence before Blair replied.

"I like you too. No... I love..."

Blair was in awe when she noticed his slow movement towards her face.

"Too early for that kiddo." The two of them felt a little embarrassed as they heard the voice of Dr. De Vega but later chuckled because of their silliness. "Sorry to interrupt your moment but I think you need to go."

"Doctor?" Blair seems puzzled.

"They are here."

+++