CHAPTER 46 - THE CHOICE

A week later...

Many infected got cured by the antidote. The virus has not yet completely disappeared but people are not as scared as they used to be because now, there is a cure for them. Some establishments started to open up again after the lockdown of almost three months.

["SL News... After three months of suffering from the disease called Lila Virus, someone finally made a cure for everyone. Here is the live interview with the doctor who proposed the cure to kill a virus within a week. Dr. Zyrille De Vega, our new hero. How did you develop the cure within two months?"]

["Well, every doctor, even the police, is a hero in this epidemic crisis. I'm just part of the team that developed the cure for this disease."]

["May we know your team that diligently studied this disease and created a cure for the people of San Lorenzo?"]

["I'm sorry but they wanted to keep their identity private so I'm just the only one who introduced you to answer some questions about the cure."]

Ferran turned off the television and leaned on at the backrest of the sofa.

"So you're an ally. I thought you're an enemy." He whispered to the wind. "Thank goodness you're not." He fell asleep because of exhaustion from work.

***

"You'll come back, hm?" Tears fell from Carina's worried eyes.

"Of course I will. I will come back. Alive and breathing." He chuckled a bit to lighten up his wife. "I love you."

"I love you." Carina gave him a passionate kiss before they heard a beep outside their home.

"I have to go."

"Daddy's leaving, Tantan. Aren't you going to say anything, hm?" Carina softly talks to baby Trestan. He's almost one year old but they never hear him talk. He's almost silent.

"Be good to your mom, kiddo. I love you." Timotheus kissed his little head.

"Hi Tantan!" Elaine Velasco, Timotheus' girl best friend, and Ferran's fiancee, went inside the house just to greet her godson. She's really fond of baby Trestan.

"Say hi to your godmother." Carina moved baby Trestan's little hand.

"We're going to be late, let's go." Ferran said as he looked at the baby.

"Let's go." Timotheus glanced at his wife and son for the last time before turning his back. Everyone was stunned when suddenly, baby Trestan spoke.

"Dada... lab yu."

"Did I hear it right?" Timotheus almost cried.

"Dada! Lab yu... dada!" Timotheus fell into tears after hearing those words.

"He talked! Aw... cute." Elaine pinched baby Trestan's chubby cheeks.

"What a father..." Ferran laughed and teased his best friend. "You're a crybaby, Alfarez."

Elaine looked at Ferran and secretly smiled.

"This is our biggest operation so far." Elaine handles the troop where Timotheus belongs. "Our goal is to save other people even if we put our lives at risk."

It's ten in the morning when they arrived at the location where the terrorists riot in a town near San Lorenzo. Their Commander ordered them to go to their respective places where they are assigned.

Timotheus and Elaine are together in one place. Many dead bodies are already scattered around. Civilians, soldiers, and even terrorists. Homes are also full of bullet holes and lots of establishments were ruined.