CHAPTER 77 - THE BEST GIFT

Ferran just arrived at his house and he was confused because there is no light in the whole house. That means one thing.

"Blair? Blair? Blair!" He immediately went inside and turned on the lights. Everything is in order. Nothing suspicious inside. He proceeded to the rooms and checked if Blair was there.

"Blair? Blair! Where are you?" He felt nervous when he could not see Blair at home. She did not leave any message when he checked on his phone, so he tried to call her. It rings but not picking it up.

"She's not answering. Sh*t." He locked the door and left his house to find her. She tried calling her again until someone answered it.

"Hey, Blair! Where---"

"Uncle, it's me. Asyl." Ferran got silent when he heard the voice from the other line. "She's with me."

'Asyl? Reevecus Asyl Leviste?' His forehead creased. 'Why is she with him at this hour?'

"Why is she with you?"

"You forgot?" He sounds disappointed. "It's my day."

"Oh? It's---oh yeah, I forgot. Sorry. Happy birthday." He acts as if he knew him.

"Thank you, uncle. I'm waiting for uhm... A gift. Don't forget to buy me a gift, like you always do every year." He laughed.

"Y-Yeah. Of course, I will give you a gift. By the way," Ferran was heading back to his house. "Did you tell her already?"

"Yeah and she collapsed---"

"Asyl! What have you done?"

"Calm down, uncle. Calm down." Reevecus looked at his sister, peacefully sleeping. "Don't worry. She's fine. Just resting and you know that I really care about my little sister."

"Yes. Of course. Bring her home safely after you talk to her."

"Alright."

The call ended and Ferran went back inside his house. He was relieved when he knew that Blair was in good hands.

He looked for food that did not need to be cooked. He may lose his appetite when he tastes his own cooking. There is bread and peanut butter in the refrigerator. Ferran had no choice but to take it and started to put the peanut butter inside the bread.

He turned on the radio and listened to contemporary issues inside and outside San Lorenzo. The radio station always plays the 90s songs which were his favorite.

Reevecus was sitting on the side of the bed where Blair was deeply asleep. He was caressing her hair while watching her. He smiled when Blair's eyebrows flinched a bit while sleeping peacefully.

"Please... Accept me as your brother. I love you, baby." He kissed her on the forehead.

Kyla had been observing her boyfriend watching over his sister. She can't help but smile while looking at Reevecus. He's so sweet, not only to her but also to his half-sister.

She knows how much longing her boyfriend experienced before this day comes. Reevecus really wants to be a big brother to Blair but this is the only opportunity he got after the long wait. After a while, Blair woke up and she first saw Reevecus' face looking at her with so much concern.

"Finally... Hi, You okay?"

"No." She looked to the other side so that she could not see what she hated the most, and it pains Reevecus. He doesn't want their relationship as siblings to be this way.

"Baby, look at me." His voice was so soft, and sounded like craving Blair's attention.

"Don't call me 'baby'. I'm not a baby, and especially not your baby." She said with madness in her tone.