CHAPTER 12 - THE VOLUNTEER

"Gut feeling eh?" Sanchez asked as if he couldn't believe his friend's answer.

Ferran didn't respond and he could sense that maybe Sanchez doubted his innocence. Timotheus, in Simeon's body, deceives everyone around him. So, technically, he's not innocent in the first place.

In their cubicle, Sanchez started discussing the incident last night at the hospital.

"The blood found in your military knife..." Sanchez shook his head while thinking that something's really off, before continuing. "... contains blood from a dead person."

"W-What? How did that happen?"

"That question also bothers me. It's so strange, right?" Sanchez leaned on the backrest of his swivel chair then double checked the file. "That means one thing..." They looked at each other as if they were thinking the same exact thought.

"That man changed his identity." Ferran mumbled but enough for Sanchez to hear.

"This is very dangerous for you because he'll hunt you down."

"Yeah. I know. You don't need to remind me. It was as if I'm scared." He confidently said. "Just a piece of sh*t." He said with arrogance in his voice.

"You still haven't changed. The famous and arrogant Ferran." Ferran smirked at what Sachez said but realized something.

'What the!? Why do I seem to imitate Ferran's behavior all of a sudden? Heck! I hate this but... maybe I need to do this? Yeah! 'Coz I'm inside his body... right, right.'

"Be careful though. You said in your statement that he saw your face that night, right?"

"Yeah."

"Your life is really in danger. He might hunt you down because you involved yourself in that mess."

"Don't worry much, Sanchez. My foot was already in the grave when I entered this profession." Ferran said as he played the pen between his fingers.

"Whatever. Let's not talk about dying." It seems to be a sensitive topic for Sanchez so Ferran just kept silent while listening to him. "Speaking-of, the thing that really made me confused is---" Sanchez was cut when Ferran acted strangely.

'What the...? Sh*t! Sh*t! I can't breathe... hah... hah...' He held his chest near his heart. It feels like squeezing his chest, his head hurts and something bloody flashed a second.

He saw a blurry image in his mind. A man lying on a cold floor covered with a lot of blood.

'W-What is this? Who... is that person?'

"Hey, what's up? Are you okay?" Sanchez asked and checked on Ferran.

'F*ck... I'm just talking about dying but karma's really fast as lightning... F*cking sh*t! Not now!'

"I'm... I'm fine." Ferran did his best not to notice that he was hurt for no apparent reason.

'It hurts like hell. Damn it!'

After a while, the pain faded away and he finally could relax after a minute of suffering.

"Everyone! Kindly stop what you're doing right now. Chief has something to discuss." Someone announced that caught everyone's attention, and the Chief immediately arrived.

"Gentlemen, SPO2 Alfarez and SPO2 Beltran call for some backups for their big operation. Alfarez got shot," Ferran looked at the Chief with a visible shock in his eyes. Murmurings from policemen will be heard inside their department.

'It can't be...'

Because if his old self dies, how is he in the future?

"And who wants to lead the backups---"