CHAPTER 23 - THE POLICE STATION

"Let's go to the station."

"What? No! You're staying here until you recover." Rouvie stopped him but he's so hard-headed.

"I'm fine. Let's go." He entered his bedroom and when he came out, he was wearing his police uniform.

Rouvie heavily sighed, did nothing but follow, and did not dispute his friend's stubbornness. Even before, Simeon was so stubborn and there was really nothing he could do about that.

When they arrived at the station. Everyone was shocked every time they saw Ferran passing in front of them. They couldn't believe what they were seeing.

"It's true."

"He's alive."

"He's truly a cat with nine lives."

"Nothing's new."

"Welcome back Ferran!" Someone shouted but he just nodded.

"Nothing changed."

"Still arrogant."

He proceeded to the Chief's office, knocked three times, and heard the word 'come in.' He twisted the doorknob and entered the office. He saw the Chief who's talking to his telephone and when the Chief saw him in front, he froze but immediately recovered.

"So it's really true. You're alive. Good to hear that. Have a seat." The Chief offered the seat in front of his desk. "What happened there and of course, what happened to you?"

"It's a long story, Chief but I'll make it short for you." He looked at the Chief intently. "I fought with two masked people and then I hit one of them in the thigh but unfortunately, one of them hit me on the side so I did not catch them. There is no indication that the area is a drug den."

"Is that so? So how will you survive?" Chief asked as if he was so curious.

Before he answered, he thought of what he had talked to Henry before he left.

***

"Can I request something?" Henry asked while he was preparing for his departure.

"Sure. Anything I can do."

"Do not tell anyone about us. We are not bad people, we are just careful because we just want a peaceful life here on the mountain. So please..."

"Don't worry." He tapped Henry's shoulder. "I hope you will trust me as I trust you," Ferran assured and they firmly shook their hands and looked at each other keenly.

***

"Someone has a big hand to help me."

"May I know who it was?"

"They didn't introduce themselves to me. They just treat me and let me go. I don't know where their place is. As soon as I woke up, I was on the side of the main road." He answered.

"Oh. I wish we could at least thank them for taking care of you."

Ferran didn't say anything else and then proceeded to his cubicle where many works piled. Those around him are still talking about the incident that happened to Ferran but he doesn't care anymore.

Another week passed and everyone was busy with their own assignments.

Ferran and Sanchez just entered the station when they heard a noise from two groups of young men who looked like gangsters. They are debating in front of the policemen in charge of guarding them.

"Officer, just listen to us first---" A young man who looked familiar was cut by the other young man.

'Aquiro!' Ferran remembered this incident and made a face-palm. This is an immature fight between young people.