CHAPTER 35 - THE BROTHER

A week before the epidemic...

Dr. Carlos De Vega was busy analyzing the microorganism. They started creating the antidote to destroy those viruses that can kill any living things on Earth, like plants, animals, and humans. It's been months since they discovered the microorganism.

The antidote seemed effective but the problem is, the virus will just return after a week or three days so they concluded that there's a missing in their formula to make the virus vanish forever.

Suddenly, Professor Zyrille entered the secret laboratory and she looked like in a rush. She put a small aluminum briefcase on the laboratory table and opened it to show something to her father.

"I can't contact you for three weeks. Where have you been?" Doctor De Vega asked his daughter with his hands on his waist.

"I'm sorry, doctor. I'm just observing something that was connected to that microorganism. Look at this." She showed him a small amount of purple liquid in a test tube.

"What's that?" The doctor looked at it with confusion in his eyes.

"A drug."

"A drug?"

"Yes. That microorganism formed because of this complicated drug." Then she showed her observation and analysis to Doctor Carlos.

"Where did you get this? Don't tell me—"

"No, doctor. I just encountered someone at the hospital who tried to inject it to one of our patients."

"What?"

"But we prevent her from doing it." She sighed as she remembered what happened to the hospital that night. "She shouted that she wanted to kill that patient so... I presumed that this drug is lethal and deadly."

"Maybe we could talk to the victim? She might have knowledge about that drug."

"I'm supposed to talk to her but," She shook her head.

"She died?"

"No, she escaped and no one saw her after that night."

"That's bad."

"Yeah. Speaking-of," She snapped her fingers. "Remember the dog we found in that forest?"

"Of course. How can I forget? How about it?"

"It was injected by this drug. Then after the drug spread to the animal's body and mixed to its blood, the microorganism formed that contained a virus." She explained.

"Let me see this in the microscope." Doctor De Vega said and wore surgical gloves.

"Be careful, doctor. That liquid drug is very dangerous." Professor Zyrille warned him.

He put a drop of the liquid drug in a slide then placed it under the microscope. He looked at it intently and he was surprised by what he saw.

"It seemed familiar to me." He closed his eyes and tried to recall something. " It looks similar to my eldest brother's creation."

"Your brother? You have a brother, doctor?" She asked surprised. The doctor didn't reveal anything about his family so Zyrille doesn't have any idea.

"It's been twenty or thirty years since I last saw him." He said with sadness in his voice. "I will never forget what we've been working on before." He mumbled.

"Are you saying something, doctor?"

"No. Nothing."

"Hm... Do you know where he is?"

"No. After what happened to our family, he disappeared without saying goodbye."

"I really want to ask about your family, doctor but I don't have the right, right? Anyway, it's your family issue."