CHAPTER 34 - THE VIRUS

After two days, the classes resumed but another incident occurred.

Someone found a dead body in the ladies' comfort room. When Trestan arrived at the crime scene, he saw Blair acting as a detective again like the other day.

When Trestan saw the dead body, he was shocked. It's the nerd who bumped into him, the day his classmate died. She has a wound on her forehead. Trestan clenched his fist and he had an assumption.

'If Wilton didn't commit a suicide, then maybe... the nerd knew the killer, and did this to her. Damn.'

Trestan's phone rang and he immediately answered it. "Yes, doctor?"

"There's another murder incident. Be careful."

"I know. I will."

"I have to tell you something. If you have free time, come over here." The Doctor said, pertaining to the secret laboratory.

"Alright."

The call ended. Trestan got back to his classroom and almost everyone was in mere silence when he entered. His classmates were mourning Wilton's death.

"Good morning class. If you heard the news, another incident happened." The lecturer who just entered their room announced. Whispers were everywhere but Trestan stayed silent. He just observed the surroundings.

When the lunch break came, almost everyone was in the cafeteria. Trestan was sitting alone at a table, still observing until someone appeared in front of him.

"Uhm... Trestan, can I sit here?" His classmate named Rico pointed to the vacant chair in front of him. Rico is one of the nerds and a loner in their class.

He just nodded and continued eating his meal, and didn't mind Rico's presence.

"Uhm... Trestan, I'll just go to the comfort room. Can you... uhm... look after my food?" Rico stood up and left his food to Trestan.

A group of 'feeling' popular is bullying Rico before he could reach the comfort room. Trestan didn't interfere and just ignored them. He doesn't want to stick his nose into other people's business, afraid that their attention will turn to him and be the next target of bullying.

There's a comfort room near the cafeteria but it was full so Rico chose to use the comfort room near the high school building where no one entered. After a while, someone was shouting.

"A dead body! A dead body!" Rico shouted while running towards the cafeteria and that made all the students panic.

Trestan saw Blair running through the comfort room where Rico came from. He followed her.

She was about to enter when Trestan stopped her and then he's the one who came in. The dead body was lying on the cold tiles and the back of its head was bleeding.

The floor was slippery and when Trestan touched the floor and sniffed his finger, it smelled like liquid soap. He looked around but couldn't find the bottle of liquid soap.

Blair, a hard-headed girl was about to come in when Trestan stopped her again using a sign on his hand. He doesn't want something bad to happen to Blair if she went inside that comfort room.

"It's not an accident. I'm sure of it." He whispered to the wind.

When the police arrived, they immediately got the statement of Rico who first saw the corpse. He was shaking in fear while talking to the police.

Trestan walked toward their classroom and thought about the incident earlier. He's in deep thought when someone talks behind him.

"It's not an accident, right?"