CHAPTER 47 - THE NOTEBOOK

After two weeks, the town of San Lorenzo went back to normal.

Schools are open for classes, even factories, stores, and offices are open for everyone. The vitality of the town has returned from the suffering three months ago.

["SL News... After the sensational incident happened in the town of San Lorenzo, everyone's misery is finally over. Thanks to Doctor Maria Garcia who invented an antidote that can kill the virus within two days. We got the chance to interview her, live. Dr. Garcia, what can you say to every citizen of San Lorenzo?"]

["Well, I'm glad to help others. Because of my intelligence, I developed a cure that can kill the virus within two days compared to Doctor... Doctor..."]

["Doctor Zyrille De Vega?"]

["Yes. That doctor proposed an antidote that killed the virus within a week. If I had not invented another antidote, many people may still be infected with the virus up until now. Thanks---"]

Dr. Zyrille De Vega turned off the television, and closed her eyes while massaging her temple to relax.

'Since then, you are really arrogant.' She said in her mind. A knock on the door made her open her eyes.

"Dr. De Vega, are you on your break?" Dr. Mike Gabalfin asked.

"Yes. Why?"

"Can I leave Dylan with you? I just have a patient to take care of."

"Sure. Hi Dylan!" Dr. De Vega joyfully greeted the child who first recovered from Lila Virus. "Come here to aunt Zyrille."

Dr. Gabalfin adopted a child named Dylan. After his mother died, they looked for his relative but there was none. Dr. Mike decided to adopt the child because he was delighted to own Dylan and treated him as his own son.

'My daughter is the same age as him.' She said in her mind.

He sat on Zyrille's lap while holding his mobile phone given by Dr. Gabalfin. "That's your phone?"

"Yes. Look, doctor. There's a pretty girl here." He excitedly tapped the photos and viewed the image of a pretty little girl.

"Your crush?" Dr. Zyrille asked with a teasing look and Dylan blushed.

"She's my seatmate."

"Oh? What's her name?"

"Cally Zeah Alfarez." He said her full name.

Dr. Zyrille De Vega stared at the image and she didn't notice that she was smiling.

"Doctor, I want water," Dylan said.

"Oh. Wait here." He put the boy on her chair and got the bottled water on her mini refrigerator inside the office. She opened it and gave it to the boy.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome."

+++

In the middle of the forest, a mini hut is located where Thalia Lopez was hiding for months now. She lit her cigarette between her lips.

"Once they find me, they will surely kill me. I need to talk to Simeon first." She said while writing some important things in a red notebook.

"Tss. I can't believe that Nathalie will choose that bast*rd Harvey over me. What a brat!"

When night came, Thalia blew the fire inside her gas lamp that served as her light, and the darkness engulfed the surroundings. She was about to fall asleep when she heard footsteps outside her lodging.

She peeked through the hole in the wall and saw the bulk of a man. It was... Harvey!

"Sh*t." She mumbled then quickly but carefully and quietly got the red notebook on the wooden table, also grabbed her jacket, and bonnet. She came out at the back door and ran away.

"Thalia! Go ahead. Just run!" The man who's chasing her yelled while laughing evilly. "Just make sure that I couldn't reach you 'coz I won't hesitate to kill you."

A gunshot rang out through the forest but Thalia never stopped running. She's running for her life.

"F*ck!" She got a bullet wound in her right arm but it didn't make her stop.

She reached the paved way and she was almost hit by a passing car. Luckily, the driver stepped on the brake before it would bump her. The driver went out to check on her.

"Sorry, are you---sh*t! Thalia!?" Ferran was so shocked to see her in the middle of the empty road. "What happened? You're blee---"

"We need to get out of here! Someone's chasing me!" She entered the car without permission and Ferran immediately followed her.

He drove as fast as he could and from time to time, he looked at Thalia with a worried face. Her arm is bleeding and she lost lots of blood. "Give me your phone."

"Why?" He asked.

"Just... Just give it to me!" She almost shouted while enduring the pain of the wound on her arm.

"Here."

"D-Drive fast."

"This is the fastest."

"Okay. D-Don't talk, just drive." Thalia ordered him, then she tapped something on his phone. "I am Thalia Lopez---"

"---what are you doing?" Ferran's eyes looking back and forth between Thalia and the dark road.

"I'm recording so, please shut your f*cking mouth."

"Sorry---"

"Shh..." Thalia glared at him before she spoke "I'm T-Thalia Lopez a member of an organization called BC Organization or Bri---" Her sentence was interrupted by the gunshot from behind. "Sh*t! He's chasing me again. F-Faster Ferran!"

"Who's that?" He looked at the side mirror of his pickup and saw a greenish car behind. He can't see the driver because of the headlights.

"Harvey, the guy with a tribal tattoo." She answered immediately. "BCO consists of businessmen with illegal t-transactions... Mr. Richard---f*ck!" Another bullet wound at her back.

"Sh*t Thalia!" Ferran panicked.

Ferran exchanged bullets with the car behind them while he was driving his pickup.

"J-Just drive... Don't mind me." She continued recording. "M-Mr. Richard Wang, a businessman and a d-drug lord is one of the members. Dr. Ma---" Thalia vomited blood because a bullet hit her in the back again.

Ferran shoots the car's front wheel so the driver has trouble controlling the car. They almost fell from the cliff if Ferran didn't turn his pickup car to the left side of the road. The car behind them fell into the deep and dark sea.

Ferran wanted to check and be sure that the man, chasing them earlier, really fell to the sea or he survived but Thalia needed to immediately be brought to the hospital.

"Hold on Thalia! I'll bring you to the hospital! Sh*t!" He beeped his horn to signal the vehicles on the road that he had an emergency. When they arrived at the nearest hospital, he checked her pulse first and it's still beating even though she's unconscious.

He lifted her and ran to the hospital's entrance.

"Emergency! Someone, please! She was shot!" He yelled and almost everyone in the lobby, waiting area, and patients there looked at him with pity in their eyes.

He put her on the stretcher and pushed it toward the emergency room but they had not yet reached the emergency room when the nurses and Ferran slowed down and stopped.

"She's... Dead." Ferran looked down and clenched his fist.

He sat on the hospital bench near him while the nurses took Thalia's body.

"I did nothing again." He mumbled. "What a failure..."