CHAPTER 70 - THE STREET SWEEPER

Aboard in a speed boat, Sanchez, and Ferran arrived at the young Leviste's luxurious yacht. Five men were wearing a white polo uniform for bodyguards. They didn't do anything, just stood where they were and watched the two until they neared the yacht.

A man greeted them, "How may I help you, officers?"

"A young man reported a kidnapping and someone in your yacht was the alleged culprit who took a young lady named Blair Ferran," Sanchez asked in a tone of authority.

"We're not kidnapping a young lady, officer. Wait here, I'll just call our boss."

After a while, Xol escorted the two policemen inside the yacht and they went straight to the dining area where Reevecus and Blair were waiting.

"Uncle!" She rushed towards her uncle.

"Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" Blair just shook her head to answer Ferran who was very worried. "Let's go home." Ferran was about to pull her but Reevecus speaks.

"Why don't you join me at dinner? The food will just be a waste." Reevecus said, showing his bountiful table but Ferran was not interested to join him in dinner because he looks like an untrustworthy person to him.

"No thanks." He said and they were about to leave the dining area when Ferran turned to face Reevecus. "By the way, why did you take Blair? We will charge you for kidnapping."

"Well, I have the best attorney and besides," He smirked before he continued. "She was not hurt so why wasting your time if it just makes no sense at all? You may leave." He put a table napkin on his lap and started slicing his beef steak.

On their way back to the seashore, Ferran asked, "You sure you're fine? What really happened and why did that Leviste take you?"

"It's nothing, uncle. I'm fine, alright? Don't worry too much."

When they arrived, Ferran and Sanchez returned the borrowed speed boat from a fisherman. Blair was about to walk toward Ferran's pickup car when she was stunned to see Trestan leaning on its side.

Trestan stared at her before he stood straight.

"Ate Blair!" Cally waved her hand at her but she just smiled and could not take his eyes off Trestan. It was as if he wanted to say something but he just chose to keep it to himself.

'Glad to see her safe.'

"Let's go, Cally." He took his bike behind the pickup car. They left without Trestan saying anything to her.

'He's here... Is he worried too? No Blair. Don't make false hope again.' She sighed before going inside the car.

"Where's Trestan and Cally?" Ferran immediately asked after he and Sanchez entered the car.

"They went home already." She was crossing her arms and her eyes were looking on the outside.

+++

Early in the morning, Sanchez and Ferran were walking in the plaza in front of the church to capture snatchers near the area. Many have been robbed in that place and few citizens have reported it to the authorities.

They are wearing civilian attire and currently observing the surroundings.

The ring of the tiny bell from the ice cream vendor, the noise of the vehicles passing, the street children who play everywhere, a street sweeper who is making a noise, and people walking around.

Someone approached Ferran, the street sweeper.

"Officer, you accidentally dropped your wallet." He looked at the wallet the street sweeper was giving him, and immediately took it when he confirmed that it was his.