CHAPTER 84 - THE EFFORT

Footsteps running. Panting and heavy breathing. A man was running to the pier and someone was chasing him. He reached the edge and knelt in front of the man wearing an all-black outfit who smirked and pointed his gun at the man.

"Please... Give me another chance. Please! Don't kill me! Plea---"

Early in the morning, the station received a report about the dead body floating in the sea near the pier.

Lots of people were wondering what happened. A big-time businessman was killed and no one witnessed what happened.

"Why do I feel that it was connected to the organization?" Ferran said to Sanchez while crossing his arms and looking at the crime scene..

"Yeah. Maybe."

New school year...

Everyone is busy preparing for school intramurals and Ferran felt so stressed while taking Blair to school. "Uncle, faster. I'm late."

"Relax. It's just an event."

"But I have to watch the basketball game this morning." She was wriggling while looking at her wristwatch. She can't miss his game.

"Why are you in such a hurry? You will not play, will you?"

"Tsk. Uncle, just drive fast." She rolled her eyes and she seemed to search for something important in her bag. Then suddenly, the bracelet Trestan gave dropped under her seat.

"We're here," Ferran informed her.

"Wait. Where is it?"

"What are you looking for?"

"My bracelet."

"You'll be late." Ferran backfired Blair's words to her.

"Ugh! Fine, go home early and I'll look for it." She sighed heavily and went outside the car.

"That attitude of hers. Tsk." Ferran shook his head and  beeped before he left. The noise was everywhere and when Blair reached the gymnasium, the game had started. The game between STEM versus HUMSS strands.

Though Blair is a HUMSS student, she supported STEM especially because Trestan is one of the members of the STEM team.

"Go, Trestan!" She yelled.

Trestan can play basketball too. He should not join but their team lacked a member so he was just drawn to join. Trestan heard her voice and immediately looked for her. He smiled which made every girl shout with great joy. Blair glared at them but they just rolled their eyes at her.

'Tss.' She rolled her eyes too.

The game ended and STEM won. Blair immediately ran toward him and tiptoed to hug him.

"Congrats."

"Hey, I'm sweaty." He was about to push her lightly but Blair being Blair ignored it.

"It's fine. I don't mind. Here." She gave him cold bottled water.

"Thanks." Trestan seemed to talk often even to other students and teachers. His psychological problem seemed to vanish away.

"Do you still have something to do after this? Like going out with your team?" Blair asked.

"Actually, yeah," Trestan answered.

"Well then. I will leave you. Congrats." She seemed disappointed because she thought they could go to the booths in the school field.

She was about to leave when Trestan grabbed her hands and pulled her until they went to his team.

"Alfarez, thanks to you we won." The coach said. "So... Let's have a meal. My treat!" His team made a noise.