CHAPTER 49 - THE DINNER

"Ferran no!"

"If I stopped. They will kill me---"

"---and if you'll continue, it's suicide! F*ck! You're insane!"

"Yeah. I am." Even though Ferran looks like he's not afraid, his heart almost comes out to his rib cage when the car is in the air. Eight meters apart from where he needed to land.

'I can do it! I can do it! God, please help me!' He shouted in his mind.

Everything is like in slow motion. The car in the air, bullets, and enemies behind, a river under, and a part of the bridge in front of him with steels that will be used in the construction.

"Yeah, it's a suicide. Sh*t."

Luckily, he landed safely and no one could follow him. He drove the car far away from the bridge but unfortunately, the wheels at the back got flat. "Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t."

He had difficulty controlling the car so he quickly stepped on the brake before he crashed into the tree. He sighed in relief and got out of the car to check the wheels behind. He has no bullet wound but he made a facepalm.

"I'm dead to Sanchez." He shook his head and leaned on the car. Sanchez's car was full of bullet holes, scratches everywhere, and flat tires.

He called for help and immediately sent it to the maintenance company and came back to San Lorenzo riding into a cab.

+++

"Where's my car?" Sanchez's first question when he arrived at Sanchez's home.

"Uhm... In the maintenance company." He's like a kid looking away to avoid his parent's gaze.

"The fudge! Ferran---ugh! My poor car." Sanchez sighed heavily.

"Are you really a friend? You're even more worried about your car than me," he paused. "Who was on the brink of death earlier. What a good friend!" Ferran sarcastically said while resting his back on the sofa and there he felt the exhaustion.

"You're not my friend," Sanchez said with a serious tone.

"Oh," Ferran stilled and felt embarrassed. He wished to turn back time where he'll just keep quiet and rest. "Well, yeah. We're not friends 'coz I'm not Ferran. I under---"

"'Coz you're a brother to me." Sanchez tapped his shoulder. "Though as you've said, you're not Ferran." He handed him a soda in a can and they tossed it before they drank.

"So it was confirmed that Mr. Wang has illegal doings. We need to imprison him as soon as possible." Sanchez added.

+++

November 20, 2020

Blair just got home when she noticed a luxurious car in front of their house. It's a Lamborghini Veneno Roadster.

'What a show off...'

There are two men, in black, in front and behind the car. It was as if they were guarding it. When Blair entered their front door, she saw her mother and father sitting on their sofa with someone.

She rolled her eyes after seeing the most annoying person for her.

Reevecus Asyl Leviste, the youngest businessman in their town. At the age of eighteen, he started handling their business about yachts and other sea transportations. When he reached twenty this year, he was successful in his own efforts.

"Blair." Asyl stood up while holding a bouquet of red roses for Blair. "I just came to give my advance birthday present to you. I have a flight tomorrow so I don't have---"