CHAPTER 99 - THE MEETING PLACE

"Let's hurry." Dylan pulled Ferran's hand but Ferran held the child's hand instead. He stopped him. "Why? What's wrong?"

"Wear this." He put a disposable face mask on Dylan.

"Oh. Thank you." Ferran smiled weakly and slightly tapped Dylan's head.

"Let's—Sh*t." He pulled the kid closer to him when a patient coughed so hard and his skin was full of wounds with a purple thing.

"O-Officer, what's with him?" Dylan asked, watching the man.

"He's infected." Ferran lifted Dylan and ran before the infected could touch them.

'Damn it! Damn it!' He was running for their lives. They passed a lot of infected before they reached Cally's private room.

Alfarez was about to look outside because of screams from the people who were scared to be infected with the deadly virus, but Ferran pushed him inside and they locked the door.

"What's with the noise?" Alfarez asked.

"They..." Ferran put down the kid who later ran toward Cally who is now conscious. "The virus. It's... It's spreading. Damn it! We need to leave this place."

Alfarez didn't hesitate and immediately lifted Cally and Ferran did the same with Dylan. They are now wearing face masks and covering their skin with jackets to avoid physical contact with the infected outside.

Everything was in chaos as they left the room. They tried to find the exit but it's difficult because of the infected people, either ordinary citizens, nurses, or doctors. Almost everyone in the hospital was infected by the virus.

"Dylan!"

"Officer! Officer!" Dylan slightly pulled Ferran's ear after he heard the doctor's voice. "It's Dr. Zyrille! Doctor!"

An infected nurse almost has physical contact with the Dr. Zyrille.

"Ah! Sh*t." The doctor fell on the ground and moved backwards to distance herself from the infected.

"Doctor!" Dylan cried and was scared for the doctor.

"Damn it!" Ferran ran as fast as he could to reach Zyrille and pulled her. "Faster!"

"T-Thanks."

On their way to Alfarez, Ferran's phone rang.

"Hello uncle? We heard the news—"

"Where are you?"

"We're in the secret laboratory."

"Stay there. The virus started spreading. We're on our way there."

"Okay. Please... take care, uncle."

"You too."

Alfarez waited for Ferran in the exit.

"Daddy, what's happening? Why do people look like that? Why are they shouting? They... They're noisy."

"Don't worry, sweetheart. It's... It's nothing." Alfarez doesn't want to make his daughter worry. She's not yet fully recovered. "Everything will be alright."

"Let's go." Ferran's almost out of breath when they reached the exit. He bumped into someone who was about to enter the hospital. "Sanchez?"

"Ferran."

"What are you doing? Don't enter the building. The virus is already spreading!"

"No! I need to save someone."

"Don't—Sanchez!" Ferran couldn't stop him. He has no choice but to give Dylan to the doctor. "Wait for us in the parking lot."

"What? Are you insane?" Alfarez couldn't control his anger.