CHAPTER 4 - THE COMMOTION

"Sweetie, please stay here, I'll just need to do something important." Timotheus kneeled in front of Cally, busy eating her cotton candy. " Daddy will be back immediately. Stay and wait for me, okay?"

"Whele's Kuya?"

"He'll be here soon. Don't go anywhere and don't talk to strangers, understand?" She nodded. Timotheus kissed her daughter's little forehead before he left.

Cally was sitting on a wooden bench near the carousel. She's not afraid to be alone because she knows that her father or brother will be there soon.

While eating a pink cotton candy, she noticed someone behind a store nearby.

The lady, wearing a uniform of the amusement park's staff, was vomiting something red, and it looked like blood. Her body has some purple spots and looks like she's sick.

She went down on the bench and was about to walk toward the lady's direction when someone held her shoulder.

"Hi Cally!" Her classmate, Dylan Trevon Torres, called her.

"Dylan!"

"Oh! Is she, Cally? Your cr---"

"Mom!"

"Just kidding, young boy." The lady with slightly fair skin smiled sweetly at Cally. "Hey, little girl. I'm Dylan's mom, Keila but you can call me aunt Keila."

"Nice to meet you, aunt Keila."

"You're alone? Where's your parents?"

"Hm... my father left me a while ago to do something impoltant."

"Her father is a policeman, mom."

"Oh? Is that so? If you want, you can go with us while waiting for him."

"But daddy told me to stay thele." She pointed to the bench where she sat.

"Then we will stay and wait for him, okay?"

"Okay!"

Cally looked at the place behind the store where she saw the lady but she's not there anymore.

"What are you looking at?" Dylan asked her.

"Nothing."

+++

After a while...

"Daddy!" Cally ran toward her father, and Timotheus lifted her.