CHAPTER 32 - THE POISON

On their way to the police station, Ferran discussed what the beggar said and he also talked about the incident inside the comfort room, where he encountered the man with a tribal tattoo that might be connected to this case.

"My hunch was right!" Ferran massages the bridge of his nose. "There's something big behind that man with a tribal tattoo."

"We shouldn't conclude without strong evidence." Sanchez said while driving the police car.

"What if the victim witnessed something that caused his death?"

"If what you're saying was right," Sanchez paused. "Then we will be having a hard time catching the murderer."

"Yeah. He is somewhat hard to catch, especially that there's something big backing him up." Ferran stated as if he was so sure what he was saying.

"How sure are you?"

Even if Ferran and Sanchez investigating the murder case, they also handle several cases at the same time. The crime that is happening now in San Lorenzo is so rampant and Ferran has a strong feeling that almost everything that is happening is connected to the same organization.

Sunday morning came and Ferran couldn't take his day off due to lots of work needed to be done. In recent days, almost everyone has been busy handling their respective cases. Many in their department were having a hard time to rest due to pending cases needed to solve.

"Coffee?" Sanchez offered Ferran a cup of hot coffee.

"Thank you."

"There's no progress in the murder case." Sanchez sighed heavily.

"We're just running into circles." Ferran let go of the folder he was holding on his desk.

"That tribal tattoo guy, who might be the killer, was too good to hide but I can feel that we can capture and imprison him. He just waits and sees." Sanchez said with determination before sipping his coffee and sitting in his cubicle to continue his work. "Get back to work."

Ferran yawned and stretched his arms before looking at the wall clock in their department. It's past five o'clock in the afternoon. He was about to continue his work but suddenly he remembered the dinner with Thalia.

He couldn't miss it 'coz he made a promise so he arranged the folders in his cubicle right away before saying goodbye to Sanchez.

"Sanchez, I have to go."

"I thought you're staying here all night?" Sanchez asked while yawning, feeling betrayed.

"I have a dinner meeting with someone." He responded while wearing his leather jacket.

"Hm... Dinner meeting or a date?" Sanchez asked again with a teasing look.

"Tss." Ferran hissed before he left.

He went home first to change his clothes. He wore a black polo and blue jeans. He took the sketch of the man with a tribal tattoo before leaving his room, then he drank a glass of water before locking his house.

At exactly six o'clock in the afternoon, he arrived in front of the San Lorenzo bar where Thalia was waiting for ten minutes. She didn't want to be late but got a little too excited for their dinner meeting.

"Hm... Just in time." She said when he got out of his pickup car. He opened the car's door for Thalia then he entered the driver's seat and started driving.

"And where are we going to eat?" She asked, looking at Ferran in her peripheral view.

"It's a surprise."