CHAPTER 91 - THE WORDS OF WISDOM

Early in the morning, Blair woke up and found herself caught in Trestan's arm. He sleeps peacefully while facing her. They were hugging each other. It's just five in the morning and it's still dark outside. She saw a glint of light outside the room and she heard a little noise. It was as if someone was cooking.

She moved a little but that made Trestan hug her tight and pulled her towards him. "Trestan..." Her heart ran faster than normal and she blushed.

"Good morning." He smiled while his eyes were still closed and then he kissed her forehead.

"G-Good morning." She stuttered a little so Blair tried to clear her throat.

After a while, Trestan let go of her and he sat on the bamboo bed. "Uhm... Sorry for not stopping myself from hugging you."

"It's... It's fine. I guess?" They looked at each other and laughter filled the air. "Haha. It's just a hug. Don't overthink like we did something wrong." Blair laughed at him before going out of bed and tied her hair into a bun before going outside. She found Henry, cooking for breakfast.

"Good morning, Mr. Henry! May I help you?" She asked. She was used to cooking breakfast and she wanted to help in her simple ways.

"Sure."

While slicing onion and garlic, Blair noticed the little girl who was watching her.

"Hi." She waved her hands and the girl seemed friendly and smiled at her. "What's your name?"

"Hailey."

"May I ask why your eye is covered?"

"Accident." Blair immediately understood what the child was conveying.

'She probably suffered from that accident.'  She just stayed silent after hearing the child's response because she does not want the child to remember the tragedy in her life.

Trestan helped them too so they immediately finished cooking and ate breakfast. While eating their breakfast, an old man arrived with branches hanging on his back. He looked at them with a serious face. It was the first time Trestan and Blair saw the old man.

"Who is he?" Blair asked out of curiosity.

"He's my father."

"Hm." Blair reacted and looked at him again. Trestan seemed to find him familiar but he can't remember where he saw the man. After breakfast, Blair offered to wash the dishes. Trestan, on the other hand, watched the old man doing something in his collections. He wanted to approach him and ask something but he did not know what he'll do, especially since the old man seemed so scary.

"Do you have something to say or ask?" The old man asked while his back was on him.

"Uhm... I just... Uhm... Wanted to know about herbs. You seemed to know lots about it." Trestan said and walked towards him and sat on the chair not so far from the old man.

"Why are you interested?"

"I don't know. I just find it interesting and helpful."

"That's it?"

"And we don't know what may happen in the future. It's unpredictable to know what the world may show."

"Unpredictable indeed." Old man seemed to like Trestan as a student. "Stay still and listen carefully."

The old man explained everything to him and Trestan was so glad to have a chance to know about those unknown herbs that can cure diseases. He thought the old man would ignore him but he acts like a professor, teaching him about an interesting subject.

"So you've been a doctor before?" Trestan asked.

"Yes."

"Then why don't you continue pursuing your career even though you're old, you seem to have abilities that no one can match," Trestan said.

"A peaceful life here is enough. The world is too chaotic for me to keep up. After all, I feel that my life is about to end." He looks peaceful all of a sudden. It was as if he didn't fear death. "So you, young man. Enjoy your youth and I noticed that you are intelligent but if you use it just for your own good, you will put it to waste. You are smart enough to decide on your own so think and choose wisely at all times. Use your brain and heart to serve other people." Trestan just nodded and savored every word from the old man.

"May I join?" Blair suddenly appeared and sat on the chair beside Trestan. She also listened to the old man.

"Our world is dying but you young people can still make a change. According to Dr. Jose Rizal, if you are familiar with that man, 'the youth is the hope of the nation.' So while you are still young, do not waste the opportunities that come into your lives," He stopped and looked at them with the hope that these young people in front of him may be one of the keys to saving the world. "Because you may regret it in the end if you do nothing to change the wrong system you are aware of. I hope you'll remember that."

"We will. Thank you for your words of wisdom Tata Carpio." Blair smiled at him.

Later on, Henry accompanied them until they reached the highway where vehicles may pass by. Luckily, Timotheus Alfarez saw them first and he immediately stopped to take them.

"Where have you been?" Timotheus seemed to be mad at Trestan because he didn't ask permission and just went somewhere without his father's consent. "Are you out of your mind, Trestan Joern?"

"Sorry, dad. It's a long story." Trestan said.

"We will talk later." Trestan gulped at his father's remarks.

"Uhm... Uncle Timotheus." Blair joined the conversation. "Did you see my uncle Simeon?"

"I saw him at his house earlier. If I were you, I would call him immediately. For sure he's worried." Timotheus said while driving them home. Blair sighed in relief after she heard the good news.

She immediately called Ferran and asked about his condition but he's not answering the phone. They got home safe and looked at the garage where she saw her uncle's car.

"Thanks, uncle." She said to Timotheus and then he looked at Trestan. "Bye. See you." She smiled at him before going out of the car. She ran towards the house and searched for his uncle.

"Uncle? Uncle!" She hugged him tightly. "I thought you were dead." She can't help but cry, tears of joy. Ferran groaned when he felt the pain in his body due to gunshots. "Oh! Sorry, uncle."

"It's alright. I'm glad that you're safe too." Ferran was now relaxed after he assured that Blair survived the night. "What about Trestan?"

"He's with me earlier. Your old self saw us waiting at the side of the road."

"Thank goodness you're both safe. I'm sorry last night."

"No, uncle. I am the one who apologizes for leaving you there."

"Blair, I'm glad you ran away and saved yourselves. It will be the death of me if something bad happens to you and Trestan." Ferran tapped his niece's shoulder. "Breakfast?"

"Already finished, uncle. We found a bamboo house in the middle of the forest and a man, named Henry, let us stay for a night."

"Oh... you've met? Thankfully, you found them. They are good people."

"By the way, what happened after you fell in that hole?" Blair asked.

"I found a tunnel that led me to the laboratory I'm looking for."

"So that dangerous night didn't go to waste, then?"

"Indeed."

"What's your next move, uncle?"

"Secret. I know you, hard-headed girl." He knows that Blair will never stop meddling with that business, knowing her curiosity that sometimes leads her to danger.

"Uncle!"