CHAPTER 90 - THE BAMBOO HOUSE

"How did the intruder get inside the laboratory!?" The Boss was in a rage because of the carelessness of the people under him. "And you don't even know his identity!? Useless people!"

He threw the telephone he was holding and removed the mask he always wears. His face was hidden in the dark as he looked afar.

"Ms. Secretary, order my men to kill those useless guards in the laboratory and replace them with professionals." He massaged the bridge of his nose.

"Copy, Boss."

The Boss drank the liquor in the glass he was holding and threw it to the wall. 'Whoever you are. Hide. Because I will kill you no matter what and burn your soul in hell.'

+++

Blair and Trestan can't find the way out until they arrive at the house made of bamboo. It was closed but they saw a glint of light inside the house.

"Excuse me? Anybody home? We need help." Blair knocked at the door.

"Blair, we can't trust people we don't know. What if the one who owns this house is one of them?" Trestan couldn't just anyone.

"But we need to ask for help."

Trestan can't help but to sigh and prepare himself for what may happen. He can't let his guard down, he needs to protect Blair at all cost.

It took minutes before someone opened the door for them.

"Who are you?"

"We..." Blair looked at Trestan to know if it's the right thing to do and he didn't disagree. "We need help."

"Come in." The man who opened the door let them in. The two immediately went near the fire to warm their bodies and to dry their wet clothes. "Wanna have a hot drink? Coffee or tea?"

"Coffee for me, thank you," Blair said while rubbing her palms.

"What about you young man?" The man diverts his gaze to Trestan who was suspicious about him.

"No thanks." Trestan answered.

"Just wait for a while." The man said and was about to go to the kitchen when he noticed something. "Change your clothes, young people. You might get sick. Use that room." He pointed his index finger to the bamboo door before going to the back door of the bamboo house.

They immediately changed their clothes. The good thing is the bag they had was waterproof so the clothes and other important things inside the bag were all safe from the rain.

"He seems a good person," Blair whispered to Trestan as they went back to their seats earlier near the fire.

"I don't know," Trestan responded while looking around. Lots of herbs were stocked in a corner.

"Still don't trust him?" Blair stared at the fire, burning the woods little by little.

"Better to be cautious than to be credulous."

"You and your thoughts." Blair smirked before hugging her legs and placed her chin on her knee. The glint of the fire reflected on her eyes. There's a moment of silence before she speaks again. "What I've said earlier, I'm sorry."

She paused for a second to wait if he would say something but Trestan just looked at the fire.

"You are worthy. Super. My emotions... just got me, sorry." She sighed and looked at him and their eyes met in an instant. "Do you believe what I've said? I just want you to know that I'm not kidding."

"Even if it's metaphysics, I believed you. I always do, and no need to say sorry. I know that you don't mean to utter those harsh words." He smiled weakly because the truth cannot lie. He was hurt after she said that word. It pierced his heart a million times but after she sincerely and genuinely apologized, everything faded away in a snap.