CHAPTER 16 - THE FAMILY FRIEND

"Did you contact your uncle?" Brenda Ferran, Blair's mother asked.

"Yes, mom. He's on duty so he'll probably be late for our dinner."

"Let him be. It's work." Simon Ferran said while driving their car to Gomez residence. Every two months, they arranged a family dinner with Gomez's.

"Your brother is such a workaholic. When does he plan to get married?" Brenda asked curiously.

"When the crow turns white." Simon smirked and Blair chuckled.

"He'll be alone forever." Blair said.

"And that's what he chose." Simon added.

Gomez's family was waiting for them at the front door of their house.

"Good evening." Rhiane Gomez, mother of Alexa, greeted them sweetly.

"Where's Simeon?" Alexander Gomez, the head of the Gomez's family, asked them.

"He'll be late." Simon answered.

"Oh. What a busy man. Haha. Maybe, we should wait for him before dinner starts. It's still early. Let's go inside." Alexander warmly welcomed them.

"I'm sorry for that."

"Nah. It's not a big deal. Besides, he's part of your family."

Blair and Alexa planned to stay at Alexa's room while waiting for Simeon's arrival. On the other hand, Simon and Alexander are talking about business on the balcony while the two women are busy in the kitchen.

"You have a cat!?" Blair asked with shock. She immediately grabbed the cat and hugged it. It's a pure white cat.

"Hey! Careful. He's so sensitive you know. He might bite you."

"He's so adorable." She hugged it tightly. Blair is so fond of cats that's why, but her mom didn't let her have one 'coz she's allergic to furs. "achu!" She sneezed.

"Oh! I forgot! You're allergic. Tsk. Are you crazy?" Alexa immediately put away the cat from Blair.

"What's his name?" She asked while rubbing her reddish nose.

"Sage."

"Where did you buy him?"

"He's a stray cat."

"Oh?" Blair looked at the cat with admiration. "I want one too. How did you find him?"

"Uhm..."

***

It's raining.

Alexa has no umbrella. What a day!?

"Share with me?" She looked at the bald guy beside her.

"You again..." She said in her most bored tone.

"Yes I am. So..."

"No. I'll just wait for the rain to stop."

"It will take too long before it stops." Bald guy looked around and thought of a naughty idea. "Fine. I'll go ahead first. Hm... I heard there's a ghost roaming around this building. Geez." He said to himself before walking under the rain.

"H-Hey..." Alexa clenched her fist and looked around. There is no one else there but them. She has no choice but to run and share the umbrella with the most annoying bald guy she knows.

Bald guy chuckled a bit but Alexa looked at him with sharp eyes so he cleared his throat and held the umbrella tight. Unnoticeably, he slowly moved the umbrella to Alexa's side so that she would not be wet by the rain. He doesn't care whether his shoulder got soaked.