CHAPTER 97 - THE ARROW

After they arrived at the hospital, they found Blair and Trestan sitting on the side of the bed where Cally was lying and sleeping.

"What happened?" Alfarez asked but Ferran seemed to look for something inside his bag.

"Dad." Trestan stood up and faced his father. "She can't breathe and has a high fever so I brought her here and the doctor runs some tests about her condition. We just need to wait for the result."

Timotheus sighed and tapped his son's shoulder before he proceeded to check his daughter's situation. They saw Ferran wearing surgical gloves and went near the bed.

"Excuse me."

"What are you doing?" Timotheus blocked his way to Cally.

"I'll just check on something really important."

"You're not a doctor. You don't have the right---" Alfarez was interrupted by his son, Trestan.

"Dad, just let him."

"W-What?" Timotheus couldn't believe that Trestan was siding with the man he barely knew. "No. I am Cally's father. I'll decide here."

"My uncle will just check Cally, uncle Timotheus. Please... let him." Blair said.

"The three of you... Don't you think I'm an idiot?"

"That's not our point here." Ferran sighed because Alfarez misunderstood them.

"All of you were acting really strange. Do you know anything I do not know?" Alfarez asked but no one looked at him or even listened to what he had said because everyone was focused on Cally.

"Stop." Alfarez held Ferran's arm to halt him from touching Cally.

"Dad... Please. Just this one." Trestan was worried that his sister might be in danger.

"If anything bad happens to my daughter, I will never hesitate to kill you."

"As if I would allow that to happen. She's too precious to be hurt again."

"Again?"

"Step aside."

Ferran slightly pulled Cally's hair which was covering the back of her ears. He sighed in relief.

"Thank goodness." He mumbled and sat on the chair where Alfarez was supposed to sit.

"Is she fine?" Trestan asked.

"Yes. There's no sign that she's infected like before." Ferran said.

"Infected? Are you all crazy? Why would she? It's just a mere fever, the doctor said."

"Dad, the thing is—"

"Trestan," Ferran interrupted him. "I will explain everything to him. By the way, I need your help, Trestan. Can I ask you a favor?"

"What is it? Sure. Anything."

"I need you to send this test tube to the doctor you are working with." He gave him the test tube which is inside a box. "Don't touch the liquid. It's dangerous."

"Got it."

"Can I go with him?" Blair asked.

"I can handle this alone, Blair. It's not safe outside." Trestan pinched her cheek.

"But—"

"Blair..." Ferran looked at her and shook his head.

"Please, uncle?" She was puppy-eyed in front of her uncle. Ferran didn't say anything and just nodded. He can't control her bratty attitude. The two left in the middle of the night and Alfarez was about to stop them but Ferran let them go.