CHAPTER 10 - THE CLUE

Ferran was taken care of by the nurse when SPO1 Sanchez arrived at the hospital. He got a few scarce but he barely noticed it because he was thinking of something more important.

"Ferran," Sanchez exclaimed when he saw his wounded friend. "What are you doing here? The hospital reported about the incident and Georgia was---"

"Murdered," Ferran stated.

"H-How—" Sanchez was interrupted by someone who had just arrived.

"You are the last to be seen when the incident happened. Maybe you were involved?" SPO2 Alfarez suddenly appeared somewhere and looked at him suspiciously.

He could not help but answer it with condemnation.

"Are you accusing me? Hah! Unbelievable." Ferran couldn't believe that old Timotheus used to think that way. Really annoying. He clenched his fist and stopped himself to punch Alfarez.

"Alfarez, you may forget that it is unreasonable to accuse someone without sufficient evidence. Watch your words." A serious reminder from Sanchez that weighed down the aura between them.

"There is no secret that cannot be revealed." Alfarez's face darkened.

"When I find out that you have something to do with it," he paused. "I, myself will take you behind the bars," Alfarez said emphatically before he and SPO2 Beltran proceed to the morgue.

"What a jerk," Ferran whispered to himself.

They waited for the test result and stayed for five long hours before the result came out. It was proved that his knife was not used to stab Georgia Ramos. Ferran gave his statement to the police in charge before he was allowed to leave.

Sanchez accompanied Ferran to his pick-up car. "Are you sure you can go home alone?"

"I can handle myself."

"Be careful."

"I'm leaving," Ferran said goodbye before he started driving. Past 5 AM when he got home and before he could go home, something silly happened.

He almost went to Alfarez house when he realized that he was now in Ferran's body. He thought that he must get used to the life Ferran has because he did not know how long he'll stay in his body.

Despite the exhaustion, he can't sleep because of what happened at the hospital. He is used to seeing a dead body or a dying person but he can't help but think about today's incident.

Ferran thought he could save his friend but he couldn't. The thing that bothers him most is the last words from Georgia before she died.

***

"Holysh*t!"

Georgia had a deep wound near her heart and it looked like it had been stabbed with a knife but he was so sure that it was not because of his military knife. He was about to call a doctor when a warm hand grabbed his arm to stop him.

"Lab... path... behind s-school... stop... d-danger... virus... Carin---" she did not finish what she was saying because she had lost her life.

He immediately called a doctor and the hospital called the police. The police who arrived at the hospital found another knife at the scene beside the knife used by Ferran.

The knives were collected by the evidence technician to examine it. He waited for the result while a nurse put some ointment on his swollen wounds and that time, SPO1 Sanchez arrived.

***

"Gigi's last words... What does it mean?" At the thought of those things, he confirmed something.