CHAPTER 3 - THE HORROR HOUSE

Trestan was still holding his head. "She literally has a hard head. Tss." He walked around without knowing where to go until he stopped by in front of the horror house. Another memory popped.

***

"Dad, let's go! I want to go inside this horror house." Little Trestan pulled his father but Timotheus didn't move.

"I can wait here outside, son."

"But---"

"Baby, don't force your dad. I can join you if you want."

"But I want daddy to come with us." Trestan pouted.

Trestan winced and shook his head while remembering how clingy he was before.

"Hon---"

"Fine, kiddo. Whatever you want. Let's go."

"Hon, you sure? You'll be okay?"

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be? It's... It's just a horror house." He gulped once before entering.

***

Trestan followed his memory until he found himself, walking alone inside the dark place with red blinking lights. "Nothing's new. Still the horror house from years ago."

***

"It's not that scary. Right, dad?" Little Trestan asked his dad who heard him cursed a lot of times now.

"Y-Yeah."

"How about you, mom? Are you scared?"

"Not really, baby. As long as I am with you two. I am not afraid." She smiled.

***

"Mom..." Trestan felt a sudden heartache when he remembered those words from his mother. Then he remembered the time when they got out of the horror house.

His dad was very pale and sick after they arrived at their house. There, he found out that his dad is not really a fan of horrors especially when it comes with ghosts.

He smiled at that memory but that was only for a moment when someone suddenly pushed him hard to the side of the hallway where he had been alone earlier.

"Geh out of mah way, f*cker!"

"Let go! Let go of me!"

"Shut up! You b*tch!"

Trestan lost his balance and his right ankle got injured.