EPILOGUE

March 16, 2022

Wednesday 7 AM

Months had swiftly passed...

"Where are you going, dad?"

"I'll just visit someone... it's been a while." He said before leaving their house. The sun rose already and the streets of San Lorenzo came back into life.

With an open window, Timotheus felt the morning breeze. He was greeted by the neighborhood. On his way to his destination, he passed by a flower shop.

"Good morning, officer! You're at the right time. Our flowers were freshly delivered."

A white bouquet of gerbera flowers caught his attention. He immediately put it beside the passenger seat. He stared at the flowers for a second before starting the engine.

It was a peaceful drive not until he noticed a commotion in the middle of the road.

"Again?" He parked his car at the side of the road.

"You f*cking j*rk! You're the one who bumped into my car! Look!"

"What? I'm just passing by and you're—"

"Excuse me? What is this all about?" Timotheus asked while checking the damages.

"Who are you?" One of them asked.

He just showed his identification card instead of wasting his time to explain.

"Officer, look! He—" The man was interrupted when Timotheus raised his hand to keep him quiet.

"In my professional perspective, mister," Timotheus looked at the foreigner who was playing victim. "You're in fault here."

"What? How come? I just—"

"Even if you asked someone else... they will judge the same." TImotheus stated.

"No way! He should have paid for the damage! I am innocent—"

"You'll settle this or I will put you behind the bars?"

The foreigner gulped and looked around. People gathered to watch the commotion and based on their looks, they probably judged him.

"F-Fine! Fine! Here." He threw the money to the man he was fighting with. "F*ck you all!" He immediately went inside his car and fled away out of shame.

"Thank you, Officer!" The man was grateful to him.

"No need to thank me. It's my duty after all. Just be careful next time."

"I will. I will."

He looked at his wristwatch and sighed before he continued his drive. After a few minutes, he arrived at the most peaceful and quiet place in the town.

Timotheus put the flowers beside a gravestone and knelt to light the candle.

"It's been a while my friend..." A sudden burst of emotion came out from him. He looked up to prevent his tears from falling. "Damn... too emotional."

Timotheus a hand on his shoulder. He almost cursed when he thought it was a ghost but it wasn't. He sharply looked at the man standing beside him, the man was laughing and it made his blood boil.

"You still haven't changed. Still scared of ghosts, I see." He smirked before putting the flowers he brought and also lit a candle.

"I thought you're going to stay in bed for a year." Timotheus said with sarcasm.

"It's exhausting, you know?" He sat on the grass and stared at the gravestone. "Thanks to your dad I didn't have a chance to see her again." He chuckled.