CHAPTER 36 - THE EPIDEMIC

The present time when the epidemic occurred...

In the middle of the vast and dark forest, there is a private property no one else can enter but the members of an organization run by what they call 'Boss.' The organization is called BCO also known as BC Organization.

This organization is made up of doctors and scientists who want to develop a drug that will prevent people from getting any disease and make everyone immune from illness. Businessmen with illegal transactions and other business with the 'Boss' are also members of the organization.

Everyone earns millions of dollars from this organization so no one leaves and there are two rules the organization has that everyone must follow.

First, once you join the organization, you will not be able to leave because when you plan to leave, the organization shall kill you.

Second, all transactions or activities of the organization will remain in the knowledge of each member and it is forbidden to tell others about it because the organization will automatically kill you.

In the building inside the private property, there is a large laboratory where they make the said drug. They have not yet completed it and it has taken them more than two years to do it.

Footsteps walking toward the office where a meeting will be held. Group of doctors wearing a lab coat. "Doctor Garcia, Mr. Wang is waiting for you inside your office." The lady doctor stopped walking then looked at her secretary who's beside her.

The doctors with her immediately stopped and confusedly looked at her back. Asking in their minds, why did she suddenly stop?

"Why didn't you tell me sooner?" The doctor whispered to her secretary.

"He just arrived and wants to talk to you."

Dr. Maria Garcia formed her lips into a thin line before facing her colleagues. "I'm sorry but our meeting is canceled. You may go back to your work and give me a report about it after I finish the meeting with one of our bosses." Dr. Garcia announced then proceeded to her office.

"Good day Mr. Wang! How may I help you?" Dr. Garcia asked while she was walking to her office table full of papers that contained reports and analysis of their project.

Mr. Wang walked near her and gave the doctor a painful slap on her right cheek. Her eyes widened, cheek felt numb and couldn't recover for a while.

"Mr. Wang!?" She looked at him with rage.

'How dare he!?'

"You b*tch! You worsened the situation. The project you are leading is flawed! Many people got sick because of your stupidity." He poked his finger into her shoulder, slightly pushing her.

"Don't talk to me like that Mr. Wang and you don't have the right to slap me! Maybe you have a higher position than me in this organization but you do not know what I can do. Maybe later you will not realize that I am killing you." The doctor threatened the businessman.

"Fix it. By the way, I want my limited edition drug next week." Mr. Wang said as if no threat had happened then he exited the office.

Doctor Garcia rolled her eyes then sat on her swivel chair. She took her mirror to her table and looked at her reddish cheek that Mr. Wang slapped.

"I'll kill you next time." She said, then called her secretary to get her an ice pack. "Tell them that the meeting will continue. Gather them in the conference room. I'll be there in ten minutes. Be sure that everyone is there when I arrive."

"Yes, doctor." The secretary left.

When her reddish cheek came back to her normal skin color, she stood and exited her office to proceed to the conference room. There was a conversation in the conference room but when Dr. Garcia came, everyone got silent.

"The drug we created was epic but don't worry we will not stop until we reach our goal which is to create a drug to prevent us from getting sick." Dr. Garcia said.

"I don't care if those pestilent people die because of our creation. The important thing is, we'll be successful to complete this. I don't want to waste what we worked for two years." She looked to her colleagues that looked determined to get what they were pursuing.

"We will make this world a better world. A world without disease or sickness that makes us miserable." She said and everyone agreed. They discussed important matters like how they prevent the virus they spread and the changes in the drug they're making.

+++

San Lorenzo University... 

When Rico was sent to the clinic, Trestan pulled Blair to their classrooms to get their bags then he pulled her again to his sister's classroom. "Kuya, what's happening? Why's evelyone panicking?"

"Because there's a spreading virus, Cally. So you need this." He whispered to her ear then wore the extra face mask to her sister.

Blair doesn't understand why Trestan pulled her wherever he goes but she didn't complain and just followed him while looking at his hand holding hers. The guardhouse was crowded because students were in a rush to go home. They are all scared of the disease spreading in their town.

In the middle of the crowd, two students were coughing hard until their bodies fell to the floor and both had difficulty breathing. The students panicked even more because of what happened to the two students.

They shunned them, no one dared to approach the two infected even though the two were already crawling to ask for help. Everyone is worried that they may also be infected with this disease so most of them run to the exit.

'Damn. it is not safe here.' Trestan thought in his mind.

"K-Kuya... What's going on with them? Why are they—"

"Don't look at them, Cally." He whispered and covered his sister's eyes.

They can't reach the exit without making physical contact with the people around so Trestan thought of a place where they could go because it is a safe place for them.

Instead of going to the exit, they go back to the school building and run in the hallway. Trestan chose to lift his sister so that they could run faster.

"Hey mute! Why are we going back!? We have to leave this place!" Blair yelled but Trestan didn't listen and continued running while pulling Blair. "Are you deaf!? I said we need to leave this place!" She stopped running, and Trestan did the same because he was holding Blair.

She pulled her hands to get out of Trestan's grasp. Trestan looked at her with a question in his eyes.

"Where are we going? I said we need to get out of this place. It's dangerous! Maybe, someone we encounter here is infected with that disease."

Trestan just stared at her, had second thoughts about leaving or keeping her along with them. At the end, he chose to leave her without saying a word. He doesn't want to put his sister's health at risk just because of the brat's stubbornness.

He ran away with Cally, who waved her hand to Blair and Blair just watched them heading to the back of the university.

"Why are you heading that direction?" She whispered to the wind before turning her back on them and was about to run toward the school gate when someone suddenly appeared in front of her. He started coughing and was going in her direction to ask for help.

"H-Help me..."

Blair cannot move from where she stands while watching the guy walking towards her.

"I-I'm sorry. I don't know what to do."