CHAPTER 28 - THE BAR

When Ferran reached his house, he went straight to his room to change clothes.

"Uncle! Uncle!" Blair shouted as she entered the room without permission. "Did you heard about the rape victim in the seashore?" She seems out of breath.

"I just got from there."

"Oh. That's so horrible. Did you have any leads on who might be the culprit?"

"Blair," He looked at his niece while buttoning his polo shirt. "Don't involve yourself. It's too early for you to be in this kind of mess."

"But I want to learn. You know that I easily get curious." She looked around and saw something in her uncle's room.

"But—hey." Ferran noticed that Blair was looking at his plans for the upcoming apocalypse in the future.

"What are these, uncle? Are you... Are you working on something big?" She asked while holding the photos and reading the notes on the board. "2022? Apocalypse... What?"

"I need to go. You might as well leave and go home." He slightly pushed Blair outside his room.

"Uncle, you're a workaholic but not to this extent. You brought those workloads in your house? Aren't you tired?"

"I have no time for this, Blair. Don't you ever enter my bedroom again." He warned her, and Blair zipped her mouth.

"Where are you going?" Blair couldn't help but ask while walking outside until they reached Ferran's pick-up car.

"Somewhere important about the case."

"Can I come with you?"

"I told you to go home and it's about work so my answer is no." He was about to step on the gas when Blair talked again.

"Please, uncle? Promise, I won't interfere. I'll just watch." Blair raised her right hand as if making a promise.

"Minors aren't allowed in that place."

"Ugh!" Blair stomped her feet out of frustration.

"Stay at home." He pointed his finger unto Blair. "It's dangerous to wander around, especially that there are lots of rape incidents happening these past few months. That's an order."

"Yes sir!" She even saluted before he left.

Blair walked straight to their house but the board she saw in her uncle's room has bothered her since then.

'I read the word 'virus'. What could it be? And 2022? It's two years from now. Apocalypse? Is uncle investigating something that might happen in the future?' She wondered.

"Blair! Where have you been? I heard that there's a rape victim in the seashore?" Brenda was really concerned about her daughter's safety.

"I just went to uncle Simeon."

"And where is he? Is he with you?"

"No... uh... He's Taking care of the case."

"Don't go anywhere. It might be dangerous."

"Yes, mom." She said as her shoulders were slumped down because she could do nothing.

"Blair, I'm serious." Brenda warned her 'coz Blair was acting stubborn when it comes to crime incidents.

"Nothing to worry, mom. I will stay. Promise."

+++

The sky was getting darker when he arrived at the bar. Ferran parked his pickup in front of it which is also near the seashore. It looks like the victim came from the bar before the incident happened.