CHAPTER 30 - THE ADDICTS

June 24, 2020

9:58 PM

It's been two hours since Ferran waited outside the Tolentino Mansion. He always checks the time in his wristwatch then looks at the mansion's gate. He was gripping the steering wheel of Sanchez's car which he borrowed because his pickup needs a repair.

Compared to his car, Sanchez's car is brand new, and he remembered Sanchez's words before he allowed him to use his new car. It's kind of funny though.

***

"If you're not my friend, I will not really lend my car to you." Sanchez was hesitant to lend his car to Ferran because he knew that his partner is sometimes a reckless driver. At the end, he handed him the car key, as if he had no choice.

"If my car isn't damaged, I will not borrow your car."

"Why don't you buy a new one?"

"Maybe next time."

"Tss. You have almost nothing to spend on your salary."

Ferran didn't say anything else. Even he doesn't know why the real Ferran didn't replace his car with a new one. He guessed that maybe because there's a memory in that pickup car which Ferran couldn't forget.

***

In the past two days, he learned about the Mayor's son, Jerry Tolentino's whereabouts. Jerry is one of the suspects for the rape incident of Felicity Yaco. He needs more evidence that will directly point to the culprits. He couldn't file a warrant due to lack of evidence so he will find at least one, a solid one.

According to his research, Jerry often went to the bar or to their vacation house two towns away from San Lorenzo.

At exactly ten o'clock in the evening, a red car came out of the Tolentino Mansion's huge gate. Ferran was five meters away from Jerry's car and based on his observation, the red car leads to San Carlos where Tolentino's vacation house is located.

But before they exited San Lorenzo, Jerry picked up two men and Ferran immediately took a picture of the two men with the camera he saw at home. He made sure that it was not obvious that he followed them.

When they reached the next town. The red car stopped at the front of a convenience store. He also entered the convenience store and bought bubble gum while listening to the conversation of the three men he was following.

"Where's Keith and Gab?" The guy with wavy dark brown hair asked his mates.

"I dunno. Didn't they text you, Kyle?" Jerry asked while paying for the beers they bought.

"They're on their way with a..." the guy named Kyle didn't finish his sentence and just grinned at the two. When Ferran noticed that they were about to leave the convenience store, he went out first and then waited until Jerry and his mates got in the red car.

"It looks like they're planning something bad. Tsk." He said while tailing them. Jerry's driving was faster than before and fortunately, Ferran's vehicle was also fast so he would still follow them.

It took two hours before they arrived at Tolentino's vacation house which is also near the sea. Ferran parked the car near the cars lined on the side of the road. He saw a white car where the other two were leaning on and it looked like they were waiting for their mates.

The five men made a handshake before they entered the back door of the vacation house. Ferran stayed in his car for five minutes before he decided to go out and went to the vacation house.

His pistol was hidden on his leather jacket that he'll use for an emergency and of course, the camera hangs on his neck.

He saw those men on the side of the pool in front of the house.

"Cheers!"

The five men said then drink their beers in a can. They made a random conversation while Ferran took some pictures of them. He was really eager to imprison those motherf*ckers but because he did not have enough proof which will prove that they are the culprits behind the death of Felicity Yaco and proof that they are using illegal drugs, he could not put them behind the bars.

'Evidence... Let me have one.'

"Here." One of the guys said. He is either Keith or Gab, Ferran's not sure who it is. He put a white thing on the rattan table in front of them and if Ferran wasn't mistaken, it was an illegal drug!

Ferran clicked a few times on his camera and he even zooms it in where the drugs were placed.

"You sure no one followed you here?" Keith asked. Ferran already memorized their names and faces because they have called each other many times since they arrived there.

"We're sure, mate! Don't worry." Kyle assured.

They started using illegal drugs.

'They're wasting their lives.' Ferran said in his mind. He doesn't know how many pictures he captured but it is enough to prove their crime.

"You brought a lady?" Gab asked Jerry while grinning.

"Of course mate. A girl is always on our night outs, right?" Jerry grinned. "Let's go inside."

Due to their intoxication and high drug status, they no longer noticed Ferran's presence who followed them inside the house. The lights were dim and the place was quite luxurious. Jerry gets the key to their key holder then opens a bedroom door, and they all enter the room, close and lock it.

He took his phone and called the police station of San Carlos to report those p*nks. The station immediately answered and at any time, they will arrive in the area. Ferran stayed near the door and listened to what's inside.

He heard a lady's scream and the laughter of those motherf*ckers that made him furious. While leaning at the wall near the right side of the door, he pushed the vase near him that made a loud sound throughout the house.

He heard footsteps coming out from the door. It was Gab.

Gab looked to the left and when he turned on him, he received a hard punch on his face that made him fall asleep.

"Gab? Gab, why are you---sh*t! There's an intruder!" Keith shouted then he was about to close the door when Ferran pushed it hard that made Keith laid on the carpeted floor because he was hit by the door.

"Hands at the back of your heads, young men."

Ferran pointed his gun at the other three standing naked, beside the bed, where the lady was lying and naked as well, but she immediately covered her body with a thick blanket. Ferran looked at the woman with pity.

"At your back!" The woman shouted.

Ferran already knew and felt someone's presence at his back even before the victim shouted. Keith will hit him in the back but even though he's older than them, he moved quickly and hit the guy on his head using his gun.

When he faced the three men, Jerry was about to get a gun in the cabinet near him when Ferran shot it with his pistol.

"Ah!!" Jerry screamed with so much fear. He thought his hand was shot but Ferran just meant to hit the cabinet instead of Jerry's hand.

"Wear your clothes and face the wall." He ordered which they immediately followed. Later on, San Carlos's policiemen arrived and handcuffed those five p*nks.

'Serves them right.'