CHAPTER 19 - THE PROFESSOR

'She's not familiar to me. A new professor? Or maybe, I just don't really care about those people around me so I don't notice her? Probably. '

She seemed to be burdened by the boxes, and Trestan couldn't help but ask, "Miss, Is it heavy for you? You can give me the other box so you don't have too much trouble lifting that."

"It looks like you've changed. You talk a lot." The female professor mumbled.

"What?"

"Nothing. Don't worry. I can manage." She smiled sweetly.

"Hey, Professor De Vega! Let me help you." Aquiro suddenly appears and gets the box from the lady professor.

"Aquiro, I thought you had a class?"

"I just finished our basketball practice, Miss. Don't worry, I can easily make an excuse." She grinned and moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Tsk. You're just avoiding Ms.Valdez's lecture today, don't you?" Aquiro laughed at the lady professor.

"Why should I, Prof.? I'm her favorite student." He boasted, making the professor laugh. "Oh Trestan? You cut?" He asked after noticing his cousin walking with Professor De Vega.

"No."

"Oh of course you don't do cutting. Haha. She picked on you but answered her questions right." Aquiro chuckled. "Who am I doubting the top of the class? What a genius, eh."

"Stop talking nonsense. Ms. Valdez has a surprise quiz, just want you to know." Trestan informed him.

"What!?" Aquiro reacted as if he's somewhat nervous. "I'm dead." The professor just listened to their conversation and laughed at Aquiro's hilarious face.

"And she's looking for her favorite student." Trestan added, emphasizing the word 'favorite'.

"Favorite, huh? I thought you're just bluffing." the professor smirked.

"Am I a joke to you, Prof.? Besides, It's a small thing. Nothing to boast of." But he sounds like one.

"What a feeling humble *ss. Tss." Trestan whispered and smirked.

"Thank you." Professor De Vega said when they reached the Anatomy Lab.

"Always welcome, Miss." Aquiro answered but Trestan just nodded.

"Where are you going?" Aquiro asked when he noticed that Trestan was going in the opposite direction. "Are you perhaps going to the secret lab?" Trestan stiffened to what Aquiro whispered.

"How did---"

"That's why I'm close with Professor De Vega." Aquiro smirked. "Don't worry. Only five people knew about that laboratory including you and me."

'I thought... It's just me and Dr. De Vega who knew that lab. Tss. Never mind. Aquiro is trustworthy though.'

Trestan didn't say anything and just proceeded to the old Laboratory at the back of the school. While he was walking, he thought of random things and felt something strange when he saw the female professor. She looks familiar but he was so sure that it's his first time seeing that face.

'Her smile. Her eyes. What's with her?'

+++

"You don't have classes?" Doctor De Vega asked when he entered the underground laboratory.

"Miss Valdez ordered me to leave her class."

"You did something wrong?"

"Nope."