CHAPTER 31 - THE TRIBAL TATTOO

Ferran gave his statement to the police in charge. He was listening to the police question when he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket.

"Excuse me." He said as he waved his phone. The police nodded and left him for some privacy.

"S-Simeon. I need your help! My sister is missing. I can't find her! Please, help me." Thalia was crying on the phone.

"What? Maybe she's just—"

"No. No. I tried calling her but she's not answering. She usually does answer my calls but today's different. What if... what if something bad happens to her?" She sobbed.

Calm down, Thalia. Calm down. We will find her. I'm just taking care of something important. We will find her. Don't worry." He said that made Thalia calmer than earlier.

"Okay. Okay. I'll wait for you." Thalia said before ending the call. Ferran saw a familiar police taking the culprits inside the police mobile.

"SPO2 De Vega!" He called the police and approached him. The police looked at him with confusion.

'So he's from San Carlos before he worked at San Lorenzo. Hm... but why did I seem to see him in the supermarket last time?' He asked himself.

"Are you referring to me?" The police asked. "I'm SPO1 De Vega, not SPO2, Officer." He corrected him.

Ferran almost makes a face-palm when he realizes that De Vega didn't know him at that time.

"Oh... Sorry. I have mistaken you for someone else." Ferran said then looked at the lady who almost became a rape victim. Police just finished taking the woman's statement when Ferran approached her.

"You okay?" He asked with so much concern but she just nodded, looking like having a trauma from what happened. Ferran took off his jacket and gave it to the lady. "Wear this. It's cold out here."

"Where do you live, by the way? I will take you there." Ferran asked, wanting to ensure that the lady would go home safe and sound.

"San Lorenzo bar. Just take me there." The lady answered.

"You're living in San Lorenzo?" He asked, surprised and she nodded.

"Hop in." Ferran opened the car door for her and let her in.

It's already one o'clock in the morning but they have not yet reached San Lorenzo. The ride was too silent, and no one's talking or atleast a music to listen to either.

"Do you know those motherf*ckers?" Ferran asked in the middle of silence.

"Yeah. They are always in the bar." She answered in a small voice while focusing her eyes on the road.

"You work there?"

"Nope but my sister works there. You're Simeon Ferran, right?" She faced him, checking if she's right.

"Yeah. Why?" Ferran answered though he was a bit confused. Is he that famous to be recognized?

"Nothing. I just often heard your name coming from my sister's mouth. I think she likes you." The lady said then smirked but Ferran just ignored her teasing look.

Even if Alfarez is in Ferran's body, of course, he's still loyal to Carina.

"May I know your sister's name?"

"Thalia. Thalia Lopez."

"Ah. So you're her sister then? She called me earlier 'coz she can't reach and find you. She's so worried." He said. "You want to talk to her? Here." Ferran lent his phone to the lady named Nathalie.