CHAPTER 82 - THE FLASH DRIVE

Kyla was looking for something in Reevecus' walk-in closet but she found an envelope. She got curious, opened it, and saw a medical record. She read it and suddenly dropped the papers. "Oh, God!" She started crying.

"Babe? Where---hey, why are you---" Reevecus saw the familiar papers scattered on the floor.

"How long will you hide it from me!? How long!? If you are already on your deathbed!?" She's mad at him but at the same time, scared that at any moment he will leave.

"I'm going to tell it to you but I'm afraid." Reevecus cannot stop himself from crying. Kyla hugged her tightly and her tears fell on his chest.

"Y-You're terminated." She sobbed on her chest. "How much t-time do you have left?"

"Until May." He answered while hugging his girlfriend and kissing her hair.

"Then marry me tomorrow." She moved away from him and wiped her tears.

"W-What?"

"I'm serious. Will you marry me, Mr. Reevecus Asyl Leviste?"

"K-Kyla..."

"Yes or no? It's just a simple question."

"Yes. Of course, I will marry you!" Reevecus kissed her passionately while their tears were falling on their cheeks.

It was just a simple wedding and their parents did not know it. Only the judge who will manage the ceremony. Ferran, Blair, and Xol are their only witnesses.

They eat together after the wedding. "Why so sudden?" Blair asked while eating the food. She set aside her mourning state just to support her brother and sister-in-law.

Reevecus and Kyla looked at each other, and smiled sadly. "We don't know about tomorrow so we rushed. Maybe... tomorrow, one of us will disappear. We just took our chances."

"So we will not regret anything." Reevecus simply answered.

"Congratulations," Ferran said.

"Thanks, uncle." Reevecus smiled at him.

Days before Blair's graduation...

It's four o'clock in the morning and Ferran was leaning on the hood of his pickup car while facing the calm sea. The surroundings are still dark. He was waiting for someone there. After a while, the sound of a car's engine can be heard and when Ferran turned to look at the car, he smiled and greeted his nephew, Reevecus.

"Uncle," they gave a manly hug. "Why did you contact me at this hour?"

"Sorry, I just really want to talk to you about something important," Ferran said and walked toward the edge of the pier. "Are you a member of the BC Organization?" He asked straight to the point.

"U-Uncle... How did you... Know?" His voice was lower than usual.

"Don't ask. I just know and Kuya told me before, that he's a member too before they died. So... are you?"

"Yes." He also leaned on the hood beside his uncle.

"I was right all this time. You're too young."

"The youngest of them all." He doesn't sound proud at all, more like disgusted. "I can't leave that organization, uncle. They were holding me in the neck. They kill lots of people for power and unknown experiments. They want to make an antidote for people to take." He said and looked at the always calm sea and felt the morning breeze.

"What kind of antidote?"

"The antidote that can prevent people from getting sick but they always fail." He shook his head and he disagreed with that idea. "That's the main agenda of that organization and there are some illegal transactions to support the organization. Lots of businessmen are one of the members. That organization was international."

"How did you become a member of the organization?" Ferran asked.

"That old Leviste recruited me even though I don't want to be part of that bullsh*t, I don't have a choice. It was as if I had already put half of my body in the pit."

"It's like a policeman or a soldier, young man. You want to be a soldier, right?" Ferran opened that topic. He once read about Reevecus' desired profession.

"Yeah... but instead of serving for good, I am doing the thing that will ruin people's lives. Well, I am going to die without freedom."

Ferran looked at his nephew before tapping his soldier. "You'll be free someday."

"I hope so. I want a peaceful and happy life with my wife but that will never happen as long as that organization is still working."

"You can help to put an end to that organization. Do you know the Boss?"

"Sorry, uncle but no one knows about his identity. Even the members don't recognize his identity. But I'm sure that he is a man."

"So you didn't know?" Reevecus just shook his head, looking at the sun's direction which is about to rise. "How about the location of---"

"I'm sorry, uncle, but I can no longer tell you in detail. You should not know about this 'coz your life will be in danger too."

"My life is always in danger. There's nothing new." Ferran smirked, trying to convince his nephew.

"Everything has its own ending. Maybe sooner or later, you'll know about it."

"Well yeah. Of course. Thank you for your time. Have a nice day." Ferran said.

When the sun is high above the sky, they bid goodbye to each other. Ferran looked at the moving car heading far away from him.

'So it is not just a simple organization? International huh? Tss.'

+++

"Hey, Blair. Where are you going?"

"I have graduation practice today." She said, not looking in his brother's eyes.

"I'll go with you."

"No. I... I can handle myself."

"Blair–"

"Kuya, I'm fine."

"If you say so," He sighed, worrying about his sister. It's been two weeks. "Before you go, I have something to give you." Reevecus went inside his walk-in closet and opened a personal vault. Blair followed him and looked at what he's doing.

"A vault?" Blair creased a forehead.

Reevecus took something inside before closing it. He stood up and faced his sister with a serious expression. He grabbed Blair's hand and held the back of it. He put something on her palm and closed her hand.

"What's---"

"I know you have so much on your plate but..." He held her shoulders, staring at her confused eyes. "That thing is very... very important and I am giving it to you to protect."

"Kuya---"

"Blair, that flash drive contains an important thing that can change the world in one snap. Please... Take care of it. Protect it." Reevecus said while holding his sister's closed hand in between his hands.

"Why me? You can trust this thing to uncle."

"No, I don't know." He stood straight. "I somehow felt odd towards him. As if he's not the uncle I used to."

'Of course, because he is not our real uncle.' Blair understood her brother's suspicion.

"I swear, kuya. Even if he's not like before, you can trust him."

"I only trust you, Kyla, and Xol."

"I don't really understand, Kuya. I'm starting to feel scared about this." She said while looking at the flash drive.

"Don't be." He kissed her forehead. "Don't be, baby. I know everything will be alright, just be strong." He hugged her tightly and Blair did the same. "I love you, Blair." But she didn't respond. She never says 'I love you' to her brother because she's not used to saying that three big words.