CHAPTER 87 - THE DEEP HOLE

"Because it's dangerous."

"But Trestan... I want to know the truth. Maybe they are the reason why my mom and dad got killed. I want justice for them and also to my Kuya."

"How can you say that they are to blame?" Trestan asked with confusion. Blair sounds so sure, it was as if she already knew.

"Because dad and Kuya were members of that organization." Trestan's eyes started to widen. He knows how disappointed she was after finding out her family's secret. He stared at her for a few minutes with pity in his eyes so Blair just looked away. "And... Uhm... Do you still have the photo with the Brion brothers, 1978 written at the back?"

"Yeah. Why asking?"

"Because the name of the organization is BC Organization and the 'B' stands for Brion."

"Blair, you know that this might harm you. I don't want it to happen. Please... before it's too late, let your uncle, the authorities, handle this."

"You also know that not everyone around us is trustworthy."

"Are you perhaps... don't trust your uncle?"

"What? No. I trust him. He's the only family I have. I should trust him..." BLair looked down. "Even if he betrayed me before." She mumbled.

"Hm? Are you saying something?"

"It's nothing." She forced a smile. " Back to our topic. So... That brothers might be connected to this organization. Especially that you found important papers about the organizational development plan." Blair was analyzing everything and tried to connect some things that might be helpful to solve their problem.

"But the name of the organization in that plan is BB Organization." Trestan couldn't help but to go with the flow. He chose to support his girlfriend instead of arguing. He knows that Blair will never stop until she solves this mystery.

"Maybe, they changed it for some reason." Blair said.

"So what's the plan?" Trestan asked.

"To follow uncle inside the dark forest."

Six o'clock in the afternoon, Ferran was all settled and ready to go to his mission. Blair just sitting on the sofa and eating ice cream while watching a T.V. show.

"Don't forget to lock the door. Take care." Ferran said but Blair just nodded and didn't give him any glance.

When Blair was sure that his uncle was gone, she immediately contacted Trestan. "Let's go."

Trestan drove his bike while Blair was sitting behind him. They reached the school where they saw Ferran's car parked near the university. They parked the bike near the rusty gate behind and they both deeply inhaled and exhaled before looking at each other's eyes.

"Are you sure about this?" Trestan asked, feeling concerned. They are putting their lives in danger.

"Yes."

Trestan offered his hand and Blair immediately held his. Trestan bravely led the way and walked ahead of her. He's not scared for himself but for Blair's safety. They looked at the trees because there is a red 'X' mark on the trunks.

+++

At the laboratory where illegal transactions happen, Maria Garcia was completing her antidote. She was wearing a whole white bodysuit including laboratory goggles and a mask.

"Are you feeling anything?" She asked Nathalie Lopez who was the lady who tried the latest antidote.

"Nothing at all. Hm... I felt like my body is stronger than ever."

"Good." Dr. Garcia smiled then went outside the room with glass walls. She proceeded to the main laboratory and typed something on the computer and it appeared on the big screen in the laboratory.

There is nothing wrong with Nathalie's body.

"We are close to success." The smile on her face became bigger.

+++

Ferran was gripping the flashlight in his left hand while the gun was in his right hand. There are lots of fake hunters wandering around the area. He encountered some of them but he avoided it when there were many of them because he was not able to fight them all.

He just heard the noise of the insects in the middle of the night and the sound of crows flying in the branches. After a while, he heard strange footsteps running in his direction. He immediately hid behind the tree and peeked on its side to look at the owner of the footsteps.

Gunfire rang throughout the silent forest. He heard gasping and it was as if there were people chased by the fake hunters. He was shocked to see Blair and Trestan pass by the tree where he was hiding and then three fake hunters were after them.

"What the... These two. Sh*t." He cursed then pointed his gun at one of the fake hunters and shot him in the back. The other two stopped and looked around and searched for the person who shot their comrade.

When they didn't see him, they ran again to chase Trestan and Blair. Ferran followed them and they were about to shoot Trestan but he immediately shot the two hunters and died after a while.

'Damn... I know this is against the law but I have no choice. Innocent and hard-headed young people were running for their lives.'

Blair noticed that the men chasing them earlier were lying on the ground and lifeless. Then their eyes turned to Ferran who's glaring at them.

"Uncle..." She was doomed. "Hi?"

"How many times did I tell you that this is dangerous?" Since they met in the middle of the forest, Ferran has not stopped preaching. "And you, Trestan Joern Alfarez! You didn't even stop my stubborn niece and really went with her here? Really?"

"Uncle, we can help---"

"Help? You're not helping me. You are making me worry. I should not only protect myself but you too." Ferran shook his head and walked ahead of them. The two just stayed silent and no more howls.

There are so many obstacles they encountered in that forest. If they don't encounter fake hunters, they will encounter wild animals. They were currently running and chased by the five hunters. There was thunder and lightning. It looks like at any time the rain will fall and after a while, it rains.

"Faster!" They heard Ferran at their front. Trestan was still holding Blair's hand and they followed Ferran but an unexpected event happened. Ferran fell into a deep hole and Trestan was lucky to stop so they were not included in the fall.

"Uncle!"

"Blair we need to go!"

"No! We need to help, uncle!"

"Uncle! Are you okay? Uncle! Answer me! Uncle!" But she didn't receive any response.

"Blair!" Trestan forcibly pulled Blair after the gunshots they heard.

"Uncle!"