CHAPTER 15 - THE EVIDENCE

"Yes, we argued but I left her after that to get a drink to sober her up. When I went back, that waiter was lifting her body and I even helped them." Vinno explained himself.

"What about you Ms. Noreen Amato? Her sister, Ria D'Aboville, told us that you are very angry with Ms. Bia D'Aboville which could be the reason for you to murder her."

"What!?" Noreen can't believe Ria's statement. She looked at Ria with unbelief in her eyes. "I admit. I'm mad at her and thinking of erasing Bia from this world but---"

"Noreen..." Vinno looked at her with doubt.

"See? She's the culprit all along! She wanted my sister to die! You should put her to jail." Ria said with anger. "You! B*tch. How dare you? My sister is your best friend! What a shameless b*tch!?"

"Will anyone please hear me out first? I will never do that! And for your information, we settled our issue before I left her sitting in that sun lounger. Maybe... Maybe she tried to commit suicide for some reason. I don't know." Noreen was trembling because of fear that she might get jailed. She looked at Vinno to support her alibi. "And I met Vinno on my way. Right, Vinno?"

"B-But you just came from the pool where Bia was pushed. I can't tell if... you're telling the truth. I'm sorry." He looked away that Noreen felt betrayed by the man whom she loved so much.

"W-What? Vinno! We both heard the splash! I was with you when things happened. Please... believe me." Noreen's tears fell out of hopelessness that no one can prove her innocence.

"Or maybe..." Ria snapped her fingers when she made up something in her mind. "You two are making some plot to kill my sister? Because you have an affair, right? So if my sister dies, you're free to be together!"

"Ria!" Noreen's face was all red because of annoyance. She couldn't hold her anger and was about to rush to Ria when the authorities prevented them from making another scene.

"Look at her officers. She looks so guilty because what I've said was right!" Ria secretly smirked.

"We're sorry Ms. Amato but you must go with us. No one witnessed the incident and you are the one who has the strongest motive to kill---"

"I witnessed everything." Everyone looked at Ferran who just came back from the resort's clinic. He looked at Vinno and Noreen. "Neither of the two did this attempted murder."

The waiters, policemen and some staff murmured. Everyone wonders who the real culprit is.

"Ms. Ria A'Boville was the one who pushed her sister." Ferran said confidently.

"Do you have any evidence to support your claim, officer?" One of the policemen asked.

"About that..."

***

"Uncle! There's a murder happened here." Blair said while running out of breath.

"I know. Where's the recording? I need it right now."

"How did you know that---"

"That's not important. Your phone, please." Blair slid her hand in her pocket but her eyes widened. "Where's the phone?" Ferran asked.

"I'm sure that it was here. Where... damn. My phone's missing!"

"What? How?"

"I don't know, uncle. The culprit tried to get it but... Oh no! Did she get it and deleted the recording? Damn. I'm sorry, uncle."

'F*ck... I thought this is going to be easy like it used to be.'

"Where did you last see your phone?" He asked, hoping that they could retrieve the evidence.