CHAPTER 105 - THE SEARCH

"Danryll! We need to go. Something's going on with the kids." Zyrille uttered after she got a call from Dylan. "Danryll!"

"What?" Danryll looked at her before he ended the call.

"The kids... we need to go to them."

"Why?" He stood up and they were walking and exiting the wrecked laboratory after they put Dr. De Vega's body in a safe space. Even if they wanted to, it is not the right time to mourn. There is a special mission they needed to accomplish.

"Dylan called and... and he was crying. I don't really understand what he was saying but all I understood was they were hiding from bad people."

"I thought they were safe where they were."

"I thought so too but it is not the case now." Zyrille checked on Julianna who was sleeping peacefully and soundly inside the van. "We need to hurry or else, we might lose those innocent ones too."

Danryll sighed heavily before starting the engine. The place is not that far from Mrs. Santos' house and the travel was quick because it's night time and there is no traffic in the empty streets of San Lorenzo.

They parked the van far from the house to keep Julianna's safety while they were gone.

"Careful, Zyrille." Danryll followed her until they reached Mrs. Santos' dark house. There is no single light lit up at that moment. The door was opened and the knob was broken.

Danryll pulled Zyrille in her arm while his other hand was holding a gun so as Zyrille, she has her gun too.

"I'll go first. Stay behind me." Danryll pushed the door slowly and they smelled fresh blood. He switched on the light and saw Mrs. Santos lying on the carpeted floor, brutally murdered and her eyes opened. "F*ck."

"Oh my gosh." Zyrille covered her mouth with her hand and closed her eyes. "Cally—"

"Shh... I think they're still here, the people behind this." Danryll whispered and slowly checked the perimeter. He ducked and pulled Zyrille down when a man pulled a trigger towards their direction. "Let's split. Careful, okay?"

Zyrille was trembling because of what she saw. She's a doctor and could tolerate the blood, wounds, and other form of physical injuries but imagining the kids lying on the cold floor, lifeless like Mrs. Santos, her stomach will go upside down.

She closed her eyes up to three to stay unemotional. They need to save the kids, her fear wouldn't be of any help. Zyrille went upstairs and saw a man who's back was on her. She planned on hitting him to make the man unconscious but he felt her presence.

The man almost shoot her but she immediately held the gun and pushed it to change its direction. Zyrille the man's crotch, pulled him towards her and elbowed his nape. The enemy was about to fight back when she kicked his chin upward and their eyes met before he fell on the floor.

"Dylan? Cally? Where are you?" She was whispering but no one's answering. She checked all the rooms upstairs but she couldn't find them.

'Did they escape? I hope so.' She heard several gunshots downstairs. She thought something happened to Danryll.

"Danryll! You okay?!" She shouted. "Danryll!"

"Don't worry, sis. Still alive and breathing." He answered. "Did you find them?"

"No." She met him downstairs. "Gosh. Where are they? I really hope they're safe."

"Let's get out of here." Danryll saw a car arrive outside the house. He closed the curtains and they used the backdoor to leave.