CHAPTER 73 - THE LADY IN RED

***

The battle between the people against the government and policemen, who revolted in San Andres had finished. It was a miracle that Alfarez and Beltran survived. They thought it was their end but it's not. Some of their colleagues got severely injured and most of them died in the middle of the war.

There are two military trucks but unfortunately, one of them was damaged and can no longer be used.

The most severed comrades were the first who'll get home and will be taken to the hospital. Beltran is one of them but Alfarez seemed fine so he stayed on the battlefield with some of his colleagues with minor injuries like him.

"See you at San Lorenzo." He tapped Beltran's shoulder and bid his goodbye.

"Y-Yeah. You'll treat me to an unlimited drink in the bar." Beltran slightly chuckled while enduring his wounds.

"You dumb*ss! You know that I don't drink. Tss." Beltran just laughed at him. As the military truck went far away from their camp, it unexpectedly exploded.

"Beltran!"

***

He's sweaty and hardly catching his breath. Ferran wiped his tears rolling down on his cheeks. He lost everyone in that battle including his friend, Julsen Beltran. He felt a double pain when he also remembered his girl best friend, Elaine Velasco who died on the battlefield before.

"Damn." He uttered with a hoarse voice. He just got up from the bed when Blair knocked at his door.

"Uncle, I'll go to school."

"Wait for me. I'll drive you to school."

"You don't have to."

"But I wanted to ensure your safety."

"Ugh! Fine. Just hurry because I am going to be late." She looked at her wristwatch before leaving Ferran in his room. On their way to school, Blair just watched the areas around San Lorenzo.

"By the way uncle, I'm going to visit mom and dad's grave."

"Alright. Wait for me to pick you up at school and we will---"

"I know that you're busy at work, uncle. Remember you gave me this?" She showed him the taser Ferran gave her after she was kidnapped by Mr. Leviste. "Don't worry. This time, I can defend myself."

"Just don't hesitate to call me, especially if it is an emergency."

"Okay."

"Take care," Ferran said before Blair went out of his car.

They are currently checking their test and Alexa, her friend, who's sitting beside her looks so relieved. She gave her all for these exams and satisfaction filled her as she stared at her test paper with high scores.

"Excited to show it to your 'study buddy,' huh?" Blair emphasized the 'study buddy' referring to Aquiro. It's her time to tease Alexa.

"W-What? I'm not. Duh! Mom and Dad will be glad to know my test results. That's it."

"Okay. Okay. No need to be so defensive."

Alexa's parents have high expectations of her but Blair was delighted to see Alexa brightly smiling. Unlike before, Alexa couldn't hang out with her friends, and enjoy her high school life. In those times,  Blair can do nothing but to just listen to her rants because if Blair's parents were alive, they are just there to support her so Blair can't give Alexa any advice because she's not in her shoes.

Advising someone with a problem you have never experienced or experienced is wrong. It is better to keep silent and just listen to him or her.

"Are you free later?"

"Uh... Aquiro invited me to eat with his friends. You wanna join us?"

'Oh... she has a plan and with... Aquiro? Hm...' Blair poked Alexa's side while widely smiling at her best friend who's blushing.

"Aquiro, huh?"

"Stop it, Blair. We're just... study buddies."

"No need to be shy, Alexa. Just admit the fact that you fell. Haha."

"Blair!" Alexa glared at her. "So are you joining or not?"

"I have somewhere else to go. Have fun."

"And where is that 'somewhere else to go,' hm? Alone or," The table had turned and now, Alexa is the one who's making fun of her best friend. "With... ehem, Trestan?"

"We're not on good terms, okay? He's ignoring me again." Blair suddenly felt dejected at the thought of Trestan.

After class, Blair thinks of finding a friend who's free to go with her to the cemetery. To be honest, she did not want to go there alone. She just rejected Ferran's offer earlier because she was feeling bashful to disturb him and of course, she knew that it was not really his uncle but Timotheus Alfarez.

She decided to wait for Trestan outside his classroom. He is the only one she thinks that maybe could go with her because Alexa can't. When she saw Trestan coming out of the room, Blair immediately approached him.

"Hey," She caught his attention but Trestan just looked at her with a blank expression. "Uhm... Can you go with---"

"No." He immediately said and walked away without listening to what she'll ask.

'What the heck!?' Blair said and sighed. She followed him and stayed behind him.

"I just want to ask if he can go to the cemetery with me. I wanted to visit my parents but I'm afraid to go alone. The only person I could think of, just ignored me." She purposely said it for Trestan to hear. She's not looking on her way so her head bumps into his back.

"Oh." She stepped backward and touched her forehead. "Why did you stop?" She complained while glaring at Trestan. The young man put her hands on the side pockets of his pants before facing Blair.

"Let's go then." He said, stepped back and turned his back on Blair. She was stunned, forgot how to breathe for a second before running toward Trestan and walked with him.

"Did I hear it right? Or you're just kidding?"

He can see her in his peripheral view. The truth is, he's not sure about his sudden decision. He was afraid that he'd put Blair's life in danger again even so, he doesn't want to leave her. Trestan doesn't want to make her feel lonely.

When they reached the parking lot, there was a problem. "I did not bring my bike because my uncle drove me here." She smiled awkwardly.

Trestan sighed, "The last time you rode with me, you were---"

"That won't happen. Don't talk so negatively." Blair said but deep inside, she was also nervous. What if the incident that happened before will happen again? She's not scared to be with Trestan. Nevertheless, the idea of putting his life at risk to accompany her, which she was afraid of.

They bought flowers before going to the cemetery. Thankfully, they arrived safely. Trestan parked his bike under the tree where he first comforted and talked to Blair. He reminisced that moment for a while before following Blair.

They proceeded to the location of Blair's parents but they stopped a few meters away when they saw a lady whose back was on them.

"Who is she?" Blair mumbled.

Trestan looked at the expensive black car on the side of the paved way. They walked again until they reached the graveyard of her parents.

"Excuse me? Who are you?" Blair asked.

The lady wearing a red dress, red stilettos, and red hat wiped the tears on her cheek then put on her sunglasses before facing them. She looks sad even though her eyes are covered with sunglasses. She has fair skin so the reddishness of her nose was very visible. She didn't talk and just nodded at them before leaving.

"Is she a family friend?" Trestan asked when the expensive car left.

"This is the first time I saw her." She said then put the bouquet she was holding beside the huge bouquet, the lady in red brought.