CHAPTER 108 - THE CODE

"As I've thought... Got it."

Czaquira ready her pen and paper while Blair was dictating the code they needed to decipher. The letter's too tiny for them and Blair has 20/20 vision. She could easily read the characters unlike the others inside that special room.

"R-O-M-12:12—12|13|14|15

  II-C-O-R-4:10—31|32|33|34|35

  J-O-H-N-3:16—17|18|19|20|21

4_2_3_5_5... That's all." Blair creased her forehead, not recognizing what the code was telling.

Czaquira tried to type it all but it's too long for a passcode.

"Fourteen characters... We only need fourteen characters." Czaquira uttered.

"No... it's nineteen, I guess?" Xol confusedly said.

Minutes after minutes... an hour and ten minutes left. In the middle of the brainstorming on how to decipher the code, Timotheus' phone rang.

"Aquiro," Timotheus said, hoping for good news. "Really? Oh God... thank goodness."

"How's the search, sir?" Xol asked, hoping for good news.

"They found him and..." He looked at Blair who was about to cry. "He's alive."

Blair's knees weakened after she heard the news then suddenly, she remembered who did it to him. Fear appeared in her face and she's clenching her fists

"The Chief..." Everyone's eyes diverted to her. "He's the one who pushed Trestan."

"W-What?" Timotheus widened his eyes, and couldn't believe what she was saying.

"That's impossible. Chief's our ally. He sent his private men to help us catch the members of the organization. Without his help we will fail the mission." Ferran explained.

"Maybe you mistaken him for someone else, Blair?" Xol added.

"No. I won't be mistaken. He really is the Chief! A-After he discovered the completed cure that we have, he wanted to dispose of it but Trestan... he protected the cure. Thank God... he's safe." She continuously wipes her tears that couldn't stop from falling.

"That old man... He used you." Veronica looked at Ferran. "He used all of you to get rid of those idiots under him and to prevent the suspicion towards him, he made it look like he just helped you out of his duty but he has ulterior motives."

Ferran punched the table that almost broke because he was in rage. He was furious.

"That's why it is hard to trust..." Xol murmured and went outside to breathe.

"I'm sorry, Blair. I'm sorry that you have to face that fear without me by your side. Shh... stop crying. Everything will be okay now." Ferran knelt his knee in front of her and helped Blair to stand.

"Hello?" Timotheus got another phone call, and it's from Julsen.

"Where are you? I can't contact Kuya." He asked, looking for Rouvie.

"My deepest condo—"

"Where are you? Let me know where the hell you are." He sounds desperate. Timotheus thought he already knew what happened to his older brother  so he just answered and told him their location.

"We tried everything but it didn't work out." Czaquira's been busy in front of the screen trying to decode the characters but they're just drawing in circles.

"John 3:16..." Timotheus mumbled before he realized what he just said. "That's it!"

"Tell us! Quick!" Ferran walked toward Timotheus waiting for him to respond but instead he commanded Blair.