CHAPTER 56 - THE WOUND

The bombs exploded.

A part of the mall was shaken because the bomb detonated from the second floor. The surroundings became dusty and smoky. Almost nothing can be seen in any part of the mall due to the thickness of the dust from the destroyed concrete walls and floors.

Many people got injured and some of them died because of the unexpected event. The cry of the citizen calling for help was heard.

Ferran successfully threw the bomb into the air and nothing was damaged by that bomb. He sighed in relief and breathed in and breathed out for some air. He almost ran out of breath due to running toward the exit earlier. He planned to rest for a while but he realized that Sanchez was still inside.

"Sh*t." He inhaled deeply and entered the ruined mall to find Sanchez. Even though he was not sure if it was safe to go inside, he did not care. "Sanchez! Sanchez!"

He saw some wounded people inside but not as much as in his dream and the situation is not nearly as bad.

"Help! Help my mother! She got stuck!" The teenage girl with a bleeding wound on her forehead approached Ferran.

Ferran immediately neared the lady whose foot was stuck between the two heavy appliances in a supermarket inside the mall.

"I'll lift the appliances, then pull her," Ferran said, lifting the heavy thing. "Pull!"

It was so heavy that he almost let go of it. Fortunately, the teenage girl immediately pulled her mother away before Ferran could release the thing he was lifting.

"Wait for the rescue, they will arrive soon." He left them and searched for Sanchez that he couldn't find.

Rescue arrived after minutes and immediately helped the people injured. More than ten ambulances were outside the mall to wait for the patients needed to immediately take to the hospitals.

Ferran was about to run upstairs but the stairs seemed damaged and cannot be used so he needed to run to the other stairs which are still stable to reach the second floor. "Sanchez!"

He shouted and shouted but no one was responding.

+++

Sanchez still hugging the child he saved from the bomb. Dirt clings to their clothes and skin but they no longer care about it.

"You, okay?" He worriedly asked.

The child was crying but she was still able to respond by nodding. He lifted the child and looked for a safe way to immediately exit the building but everything was ruined. They are near where the bomb was exploded so maybe there is no way out.

When the dust disappeared in the air, Trestan let go of Blair from his tight embrace. His arms and back were full of wounds because of the broken glasses spewed in their direction after the explosion occurred.

Blair opened her eyes and she saw Trestan, alive in front of her then she looked at the bomb beside them. It didn't explode.

"You m-made it... We're alive! You made it!" She couldn't help but hug him tight while they were sitting on the dusty floor full of little pieces of glass from the glass walls of the 'World of Fun.'

"O-Ouch... It hurts." Trestan groaned and that is when Blair realized that Trestan was wounded.

"S-Sorry." Blair apologized but Trestan didn't respond.

It was as if he had something on his side and when Blair looked at it. She covered her mouth with her hands because of the shock.

There's a not so large piece of glass stuck in Trestan's right waist and it was not bleeding much but it looked like the glass was deeply buried in his flesh. It was as if his slight movements made it very painful.