CHAPTER 78 - THE RANT

"Don't doubt him. He loves your mom... so much." He said and also submerged his feet in the water beside Blair.

"How can you tell?"

"Because I asked the same question to dad and he answered that he loved my mom before but when he met aunt Brenda, your mom, his love faded away for my mother, especially since my mom left him for another man," Reevecus explained and Blair felt relieved.  She thought that her dad made her mom a replacement for Reevecus's mother, Veronica.

Reevecus looked at his wristwatch and it's a minute before midnight.

"Would you please call me 'Kuya' one more time? I love hearing that word coming from your mouth."

"Tss. Kuya, you're so ugly." She said and chuckled.

"Wow... You really know how to annoy me, eh?" He sarcastically said, then he splashed some water from the pool on his sister's face.

"Kuya!" Blair glared at him and she also did it to his brother until they pushed each other in the pool. The two ended up swimming in the middle of the night.

It's one o'clock in the morning when they decided to go up to the swimming pool to change clothes. The water's cold and Reevecus was very concerned that his sister might get sick if they stayed there for too long.

"That's your room," Reevecus said, referring to the room just in front of his room. "Take a bath and get dressed."

Blair was wondering while looking for clothes in a walk-in closet inside that room. The room is for a girl but not too girly. The clothes inside the closet seemed to fit her. She chose pajamas and wore them, then blow-dried her hair before jumping on the soft king-size bed. Someone knocked at her door so she sat on the bed before it opened.

"Just want to ask. Uhm... Do you need anything?" Reevecus asked who was wearing a navy blue pajama and a bath towel hanging on his nape.

"No."

"Alright. Good night." He entered her room and kissed her on the forehead. Blair's not really used to her half-brother's advances but she just lets him, since she went to his place empty-handed. "Thank you."

Blair is quite comfortable with Reevecus' company after she found out that he is her brother and not a suitor.

"Thank you for what?"

"For making Kuya the happiest birthday celebrant yesterday."

"Uhm... I don't have a gift for you."

"Kiss on the cheek would be fine." He teasingly looked at Blair who blushed.

"W-What? No way! Ew." She looked away.

"Please, baby."

"I said don't call me baby." Blair's acting like a brat again.

"Fine. Sleep well." Reevecus said then walked toward the door. He doesn't want to force Blair to do things she wouldn't like. Blair watched him and suddenly she ran after him.

"Kuya." She called him and when he faced her, Blair put her hands on Reevecus' shoulder and tiptoed before she kissed him on the cheek.

After that moment, she jumped on her bed and covered her whole body with a blanket. Reevecus was stilled for a second before he laughed at her little sister's silliness. "Sweet dreams." He said before closing her room's door.

Blair's heart ran so fast and it seemed to go outside her ribcage. She felt embarrassed but for sure, Reevecus felt happiness at her simple gesture.

A week later, Reveecus picked her up every afternoon at San Lorenzo University. They spend quality time together as half-siblings. Blair found happiness again with her Kuya. Though her uncle is there for her, it's different when a family is with her. Timotheus Alfarez is inside his uncle's body so she is a bit shy.

Lunch break came and Blair looked for a vacant seat in the cafeteria and there, Trestan sitting alone at a table for two.

"Hi." She greeted him but there was no response. "Hey, is it fine for me to sit here?" He didn't answer and just continued eating his meal and after that, Trestan left her alone.

Blair lost her appetite and followed Trestan until they got out of the cafeteria. She tried talking to him but he stayed silent. It was as if she's not around, that's why she blocked his way.

"Why are you like that? You ignored me again. What's happening to you?"

"None of your business." He rolled his eyes and stepped sideward to continue walking. Blair didn't understand why he suddenly acted like that.

'What's the matter?' She was about to follow him when he saw his arm on Sunny's shoulder.

It was like a dagger seeing him, comfortable with another woman. She clenched her fist and went to her classroom. She intentionally bumped her shoulder on Trestan before entering her room.

Reevecus was waiting for Blair outside the campus. His phone rang and there he saw the registered number on his phone. He sighed before answering it.

"Yes?"

"Mr. Leviste," He heard the voice of the Boss on the other line. He felt nervous all of a sudden. "You're taking so much time."

"Don't worry, Boss. I'm just getting her trust so she will not doubt me."

"Just make it fast. I'm being impatient." The Boss sighed.

"Yes, Boss." The call ended and after a while, Blair went straight to his car and slammed the door.

"You looked so pissed. What happened?" Reevecus asked while driving his car. They were heading to the yacht harbor where Kyla is waiting at his yacht to have dinner with them.

"It's Trestan!" She crossed her arms on her chest and creased her forehead. The way Trestan put his arm on Sunny's shoulder flashed in her memory. "He was ignoring me again. Ugh! He's pissing me off big time!"

"Oh no. My sister's mad. Scary..." Reevecus tried not to laugh. "What do you want Kuya to do, huh? Kidnapped him? Keep you two on an island alone? What?"

"You can do that?" Blair widened her eyes, as if she's joining her brother's craziness.

"Of course, I am. Who do you think I am? I can do everything for you. So how 'bout it?" He moved his eyebrows up and down.

"Of course... not. That idea was so stupid and insane." She rolled her eyes.

"It's not stupid." He rolled his eyes too. "Yeah, pretend that you don't like the idea." Reevecus smirked annoyingly.

"I really don't." She said with emphasis on each word.

"Chill, sis. What really happened between you two?"

"Like I said, I tried talking to him but he ignored me. I thought we're good but I saw him comfortably talking to someone he is not really close with. Ugh! I hate him!"

"I doubt that."

"What?" She asked irritatedly.

"Do I have to ask my men to beat him or if you want, I will beat him myself for making you jealous?"

"What!? No way! Do that and I will really strangle you..." She's so pissed right now. Her face became red. "And me? Jealous? I'm not!"

"Fine, fool yourself. I see that you cared about him. Hm... You really like that boy, huh?" Reevecus wanted to laugh at his sister but he stopped himself because Blair will be mad at him for making fun of her since earlier.

"Yes! I mean---no! Duh! He's just a friend to me!" She crossed her arms and her eyebrows formed into one line.