56

☆ 56. chapter 56

font record

Previous chapter table of contents next chapter

Chapter 56

This rainy month of the eastern tribe is busy.

In the Orc Continent, it is extremely normal for Xue Yue not to have enough to eat and to suffer from the cold. For the Orcs who have to suffer from both hunger and cold, there is no way to prevent it even if they hate it. The rainy month can be said to be the season with the most abundant food. The beasts born in the windy month can already be used as food in the rainy month. Edible plants are everywhere in the forest. However, they can only watch such abundant food in the snowy month. I can't find it everywhere, so I have to say that I'm very useless.

But all this will end in the rainy month of this year.

The orcs no longer covet the food in Yuyue and cannot eat it in Snow Moon. They no longer stare at the pieces of food doing nothing all day long and are helpless. They start to get busy.

The orcs can actually hunt more prey every day, but what is the use of hunting so many prey? Even if they can eat, there is a limit, and the food cannot be stored for too long. Naturally, they only need to bring back enough food every day, and they have to hunt tomorrow, right?

However, this situation ended in the hands of Wei Changcheng. After Wei Changcheng told Jeffrey about his plan to make dried and cured meat, the males would come back with more prey every day. After excluding the prey to be eaten that day, half of it was left. Wei Changcheng was so happy that he gave Xiao Ke fifty prey in exchange for the method of making dried meat.

I have to say that making jerky is a waste of food. Usually two or three kilograms of raw meat can be used to make one kilogram of jerky. But it has to be said that there is no way around it. Wei Changcheng has never done it before. The idea of ​​breeding was finally given up. First, the tribe already had a lot of things to do. It would be nice to finish them before Xue Yue. How could there be time to do anything else? Second, the creatures in this world are too cruel! So far, Wei Changcheng has not encountered a breed that is relatively docile by nature. It would be better to let Daniel take him to find and raise one when he has time next year.

There are not many things that can be used as seasonings at the moment, so Wei Changcheng mainly adds salt, not even onions, ginger, and garlic. Anyway, the purpose of making jerky this time is to fill the stomach. We will consider it next year. It's a question of taste. It was really difficult to air-dry in the rainy moon. The humidity was too high. In the end, Wei Changcheng had no choice but to light a fire and dry the meat forcefully. The effect was still very satisfactory.

Wei Changcheng had the finished dried meat put into the male cave, and obtained permission from Jeffrey to use the free cave at will, so that he would not worry about not being able to put it in when the crops were harvested. Moreover, the cave is dry and cold, so it can be used directly to store food when the snow moon comes. Although Wei Changcheng is very confused, won't the things in the cave freeze when the snow moon comes? But after Daniel's assurance of patting his chest, Wei Changcheng had no choice but to believe it. But in the end, Wei Changcheng was still smart and put everything as deep into the cave as possible, except for the cave entrance and places near the cave entrance. After putting things away, Wei Changcheng thought about waiting until the snowy moon to pile up some animal skins to keep out the cold.

Although there are quite a few females, they can barely handle the prey brought back by the males every day. Wei Changcheng didn't know how much food he would need to store to last the tribe through the snowy moon. However, considering that the tribesmen were tired but still in high spirits and did not stop at all, Wei Changcheng was wise and did not say anything. Even if it was a matter of food storage. It doesnt matter if its too much. The worst thing to do is wait until Fengyue comes to eat. Wei Changcheng believes that the orcs will never waste food.